Family of 5 to Cozumel in 2 months

robnz

HELP, My family and I are taking a cruise to cozumel in December. This will be our first cruise. Ive read so much Im getting nervous now. I have 3 children 20, 17, and 15 so, Im not sure where the best place to go in Cozumel is. We would all like to try snorkeling and my oldest would like to "shop". I would like to have a plan before we left the ship but am confused on getting an all day taxi, a tour taxi, or something else. All help would be appreciated.

you can "shop" as soon as you step onto the pier, lots of shops at Puerta Maya. If you are wanting beach time and snorkeling, I'd say Paradise Beach. They have lots of water toys, pretty good food, and very reasonable pricing, my kids loved it.

Nachi Cocum is also great, but its a little quieter and you don't see nearly as many kids there, it's $50/pp all inclusive ($35 for kids) reserved in advance. When we were there it was not crowded at all and my wife and I had a nice quiet afternoon.

Get on google and check their websites and see what you like, you might also check out Mr. Sanchos as well, but I haven't been there.

As far as taxis, just follow the crowd through the shopping areas when you get off the boat and you'll eventually hit the taxi stands. They have boards with locations/prices on them, find your place, find your rate, and make sure you say it to the driver ie: (4 for Paradise Beach, $12 right?) that way you everyone agrees what is going on.

Thank you for your message. I thought we would go to Paradise but them I read a couple threads that were not very good. What about shopping more inland? Ive heard its a little cheaper there? We were also thinking about doing the Amazing Race it ends at about 1:30 would we have time to go to the beach after that?

Shopping downtown is not much different than shopping at the pier, but it can be fun to wander around a bit.

I suggest that you taxi to the Money Bar ($10) for great shore snorkeling, good food and drinks. After you've dried off and enjoyed lunch and a few drinks you can cab to downtown (about $15) to wander and shop, and then cab back to your ship in time for a nap and then dinner.

Good luck! :)

Money Bar is a good option for snorkeling if your trying to save money. If not and you want to snorkel/shop. I would book a 2 or 3 reef snorkel with a boat.

Half the fun for me of snorkeling is being on the boat and seeing the island from the water. Also know that every reef is close to shore, you will always see land.

Depending on the time you leave, you will probably have time to shop before and after snorkeling. As others said, there is immediate shopping when you get off the boat and the prices are about the same as in the square (Downtown).

There is cheaper shopping further back in the local markets, but if it's your first cruise and you have a family of 5 I don't think the savings would be large enough for the hassle.

Archived