My Liberty Drydock - My 6J Scenic Ocean View is now 8F Balcony

I just received a notice from Carnival that came as a cabin confirmation which has my room as the same number but a different category. So I guess the family ocean view rooms on Liberty will change to balcony like other conquest ships.

I just received the same email. I called Carnival and the lady told me that Spa deck (11) never had 6J ocean views and that they were always 8F balcony rooms. I know when I looked at the deck plans when we made our reservation a month ago that it showed as an ocean view.

When I called asking about the email they assured me that our rates will remain the same.....

That sounds good. I got my email from them at 3.00 pm. this evening and then I call them about it. They told me they did not know why I got that email from them.

I am assuming that during dry dock they converted our 6J Scenic Ocean Views into balconies....

You are correct Gary. And I think John did talk about it sometime last week, he said with all the other upgrade news they really didn't talk about it. But he did confirm it. I wish we were sailing together again man.

You are correct Gary. And I think John did talk about it sometime last week, he said with all the other upgrade news they really didn't talk about it. But he did confirm it. I wish we were sailing together again man.

Come on with us Jeff:) The "Balcony" room next to ours is still available. Hell, Ill even buy you dinner on board every night :)

I posted something on John Heald's Facebook page last week about this asking him about the conversion. I had a Family OV booked on the Liberty for Nov 2012, but I noticed the category changed when I was looking at the reservation info last week. He confirmed that these cabins were being converted as part of the drydock. I received my reservation confirmation today, reflecting the same booking price, but with the new/revised cabin category. We usually get a balcony when we cruise anyway, but I was kind of interested in trying out the FOV cabin. No big deal, I guess (especially since we should be locked in at the rate I originally booked).

jj

Archived