RCCL Cancelled Several 2012 Shoulder Season Med Cruises

Royal Caribbean’s Royal Caribbean’s Vision of the Seas Holy Land Cruises and associated shoulder cruises sailing September 7, 2012 through November 23, 2012 have been cancelled. Also, Royal Caribbean’s Mariner of the Seas 12-Night Holy Land Cruises sailing May 16, 2012 and May 28, 2012 have been redeployed to 12-Night Greece & Turkey Cruises. As a result of these changes all guests who are currently booked on this sailing will need to be moved/cancelled.

We were booked on the Vision of the Seas 12 November 2012 sailing which was cancelled. RCCL offered rebooking to several other RCCL Europe sailings. Check your TA if you are booked!!

Royal Caribbean’s Royal Caribbean’s Vision of the Seas Holy Land Cruises and associated shoulder cruises sailing September 7, 2012 through November 23, 2012 have been cancelled. Also, Royal Caribbean’s Mariner of the Seas 12-Night Holy Land Cruises sailing May 16, 2012 and May 28, 2012 have been redeployed to 12-Night Greece & Turkey Cruises. As a result of these changes all guests who are currently booked on this sailing will need to be moved/cancelled.

We were booked on the Vision of the Seas 12 November 2012 sailing which was cancelled. RCCL offered rebooking to several other RCCL Europe sailings. Check your TA if you are booked!!

We are booked on the 9/2/12 Vision cruise. Is that affected?:(

Hi,

this parallels similar moves by sister Co Celebrity. IMO, you'll see other lines making similar modifications. There are market areas that simply do not yield enough interest( and profits !!! ) for ''full-season'' itineraries; politico-social climate obviously has s o m e bearing on that, as does the economical atmosphere.

With the lines' decision coming at least 10-11 months ahead of fall shoulder season, it leaves enough adjustment times for both lines and guests alike...

As for next spring itineraries, admittedly, it's a bit on the short side.

Cheers

claude

We are booked on the Mariner Holy Land and have until November 1st to decide if we want to stay on the revised cruise or cancel. Since we are doing the Transatlantic first and then the changed itinerary BTB, we are keeping our booking but not happy about it. Egypt was our main 'go to' port so we are very disappointed. I was told they will give an OBC $200 per cabin ($400 per cabin for suites) for staying on the cruise or re-booking on another RCI cruise.

Jo

I cant answer that - I STRONGLY suggest you contact your travel agent ASAP!! From the dates I have from my TA it doesnt look like you are affected but again check with your travel agent.

We are booked on the Mariner Holy Land and have until November 1st to decide if we want to stay on the revised cruise or cancel. Since we are doing the Transatlantic first and then the changed itinerary BTB, we are keeping our booking but not happy about it. Egypt was our main 'go to' port so we are very disappointed. I was told they will give an OBC $200 per cabin ($400 per cabin for suites) for staying on the cruise or re-booking on another RCI cruise.Jo

Jo - yep with the cancellation of our Vision of the Seas 12Nov12 sailing, I immediately rebooked on the 26 Oct 2012 Grandeur of the Seas 12 Day sailing Venice to Barcelona. We got got a $400 OBC for booking a Grand Suite

No. They are cancelling Egypt again. Since 9/2/12 is Norwegian Fjords it is not affected.

I think this should be expected. Egypt is still not stable and RCI has been historically cautious about these sorts of things. It is unfortunate but other than the two in May I think they are giving ample notice.

Thanks for that

I am on the 23rd Nov transatlantic, so guess I will get an email soon regarding it

They did this to me also this year and ended up creating my mid year 2012 trips on vision in lieu

now what

this year changed everything to cunard

may do again

but business is business

Greg:)

We are on the 5/28 Mariner sailing and we decided to do the revised itinerary. RCCL was offering the OBC, price protection, and airline change fees up to a certain limit. This cruise includes our anniversary and quite frankly there is no certainty that if you book a fall cruise it will go to the Holy Land either. So we are doing the revised Mariner 5/28 sailing. I am thrilled that we will see Istanbul and the stops in Crete, Rhodes, and Sicily are places that we have never seen. I think that when we do Israel we will just fly there and do a land vacation.

In the past when RCI makes these types of Ininerary changes, what if any, do they offer in the way of compensation?:rolleyes:

The offer in this case was OBC $200-400, price protection on your cabin fare, and airline change fees $100-200 domestic vs international. If you wanted a refund then they did refunds because these cruises are well into the future.

In the past when RCI makes these types of Ininerary changes, what if any, do they offer in the way of compensation?:rolleyes:

And since they offered several more expensive cruises with the price protection, we got a $1200.00 cruise for $799.00 + onboard credit. Not a bad deal. I'm just glad I hadn't booked airfare yet.

One issue I see, however, is that 4 of the 5 cruises they offered included Egypt and Israel as ports. So if these cruises were cancelled because of everything happening over there, why would they offer cruises featuring these ports? I chose the 12 night Medi cruise instead, but I am curious about their thinking on this.

Archived