Pier to airport taxi

dalia

We are disembarking on 12nov from insignia and need to get to the airport for a very early flight. 635am. We don't want to pay 260.00 for two with Oceania's transfer so have opted for land transfers with a car service. Can you recommend a reliable company. At that early, I want to be sure they show up without any issues. I understand they will pick us up at the cruise terminal. How far is the cruise terminal from the ship and how do get there so early in the morning if it's not walking distance. We are docking at San Bascilo the day before. Thank you very much for your help!

At which port will you be disembarking?

Usually a good source for local transportation questions is on CC in the Ports section. Depending on the port the board may not have as much reader traffic but can get replies from locals and of course other travellers who have been there. If you do a search you may find few recommendations / suggestions already posted.

Sorry it is in Venice. I realized I hadn't included the port in the subject line but dcouldnt find an edit button. Reposted with the correct subject line but it showed up below the original post not after it. Sorry!

Not a problem, dalia. I was in the same boat so to speak. I saw your 2nd post after I posted my reply and cannot go back to edit.

I haven't read your other post yet but do check out the 'Ports' section here on Cruise Critic. Though the two do cross topics,you can get good port specific vs. Oceania related info there too.

As an FYI there is a 'edit' link at the bottom of the posted post but it is only available to you for a few minutes and only if you do not leave that page. Also I think you can only edit the body of the post and not the title in any case.

We have visited Venice 'by land' and it was great. I can only imagine how it would be to arrive on a cruise ship. Venice must be beautiful to sail in and out of. Enjoy your cruise!

Yohoho: ah, that explains why I couldn't see the edit button. Thanks for the heads up. I will check with the port forum as well. I'm just a little nervous about leaving the ship so early on our own...no idea how far the ship is docked from the terminal...how far we'll have to walk in the dark. It doesn't look that far on a map... Thanks for your input!

Yohoho: ah, that explains why I couldn't see the edit button. Thanks for the heads up. I will check with the port forum as well. I'm just a little nervous about leaving the ship so early on our own...no idea how far the ship is docked from the terminal...how far we'll have to walk in the dark. It doesn't look that far on a map... Thanks for your input!

Between 250 and 500 yards max. it won't be that dark. The yellow line is from the farther ship to the middle of the terminal building. It is 500 yards. The other ship is closer. Google limo service venice airport. There will be a premium for night service.

1894973015_Screenshot2011-10-21at5_55_39PM.jpg.9aefb8e09d5bc26b51f32da400060f1b.jpg

Thank you Earl. That's not far at all. I've done a search on this board to try to,get a consensus on transfer companies, but no one seems to recommend the same company... Finding a smattering of recommendations for different companies. Will do a little more research and then just pick one. Just want to be sure they show up when they are supposed to since there won't be other taxis in the area that early. Thank you again..you were very helpful.

Archived