HELP-Has anyone ever left a bag in the terminal?

Micktooth

We're trying to get unpacked from our Conquest cruise and my wife just asked me where the last bag was. I said, what last bag? Uh-oh! Of course the port is closed now. The problem is we cannot remember if we left it inside the terminal,so it would be safe, or outside, where it was a total zoo at the port of new orleans. If outside, it's a goner. Any advice please!!! We will contact the port in the morning. The good thing is that we live in New Orleans so if it is there, we can go get it. Let's hope!:(

Yes we left our bag at the terminal in N.O. last year also. We picked up someone elses bag that we thought was ours. We didn't realize that we had the wrong bag until my husband opened his the first night away from the cruise. He had girls clothes in there. We called the people (owners of the bag) and told him we would mail it when we got home. Then we called Carnival and they had found our bag and we had to pay for that one to be shipped home also. Mostly it was dirty clothes (my husband's). We stopped off the second night and bought him some clothes to get home. We live in Illinois so we took our time going home.

DAVE DAVE DAVE - what a way to end a cruise. Fortunately you are close. IF you left it inside then they will probably still have it in the morning. Outside - well...... I think you wrote that ending yourself - unless someone was a Good Samaritan.

My story is almost like gingee's story. We were also in NO last year off the conquest. We drove home that day (3hr drive), and as we were unloading the car, I noticed a funny looking address tag on what I thought was my duffle bag, I started to panic. I didn't have dirty clothes in it, I had all my jewelry and other things. I called the cell phone number of the people on the tag and yes they saw my bag and also thought it was theirs (identical bags with zebras, they were in room 6333 and we were in rm 6233), they left my bag at the cruise terminal. I called the port of no, I had to pay for them to ship my bag then I payed to ship the wrong bag back to the owners. I think I looked for the UPS truck everyday for a week or longer and I kept missing them. I was even riding around my little town where I live chasing down the UPS trucks I saw. Finally, I got my bag back. It cost me a pretty penny to have two bags shipped.

Mick, I hope you get your bag back. There ARE some good samaritans around, so hopefully your sad tale will turn into a happy ending. Let us know.

The above stories just reinforce the need to thoroughly check your luggage and the tags before leaving the terminal.

A couple of cruises ago, I left my box of 2 bottles of Bailey's on the curb outside the N.O. terminal. Didn't realize it till I got home, but too late. NO good samaritans when it comes to booze, I guess.:rolleyes:

one time, missing bag, did not realize until I got home. Fortunately (or unfortunately) it was the "shoe bag" with all of our shoes.

Carnival was kind enough to mail it back for me, and did not charge me for the postage.

It was a bit difficult getting to the right people, but when I finally did, it all got straight.

We left a bag at the port of Los Angeles. My husband called and they held it for us. Luckily we lived close enough to go pick it up. The funny part is that it contained $300.00 worth of cuban cigars! My husband was very nervous to make that call to report his missing bag! When he went to pick it up, we had an agreement that if I didn't hear from him within the hour I would start calling bail bondsmen!!! It was never touched though, and the cubans were in perfect condition.:)

My wife spoke to carnival today and they said they will do a search. It actually happens very often. Even though we live in New Orleans, they said not to come down to the port. If the tag was intact, they will mail it to us. If no tag, they will ship it back to maimi to their headquarters and then mail it to us. I'll keep y'all posted!

We had a bag lost at port of Miami 2 years ago. Could not find it any where. It contained gifts and jewelry including wife's engagment ring. We search every where in the terminal to no avail and almost missed our flight out. We were worried sick. We filled out the necessary paperwork with Carnival and low and behold, it arrived 2 weeks later on our door step. Contents intact.

Yes we learned from last year that this year we will buy lots of ribbon (same color) and put on our luggage. The funny thing is that the one we picked up had a ribbon on it. We didn't even notice it.

Archived