1st time cruisers Snorkeling?

kimdankids

Does any one know of any good places to go snorkeling close to the NCL port?

What other self excursions could you recommend in Belize? We have our own snorkeling equip, so that's not a problem. We would like a good location where the reef isn't to far from shore.

Thanks

Kim

Just so you're aware, none of the cruise ships dock in Belize. They all use tenders to get you to and from the pier, so there isn't going to be any snorkeling close to the "NCL Port", as there isn't a port. We're not snorkelers, so I can't answer the other part of your question. Have you tried an internet search for Belize snorkeling to see what you can find?

We did the shark ray alley tour with Coral Breezes and it included snorkeling with the nurse sharks and rays and then snorkeling at the reef. It was amazing and can highly recommend it. We did it all online on their website!

Does any one know of any good places to go snorkeling close to the NCL port?

What other self excursions could you recommend in Belize? We have our own snorkeling equip, so that's not a problem. We would like a good location where the reef isn't to far from shore.

Thanks

Kim

Hola Kim,

I can't say that I have personal experience snorkeling in Belize, (we went cave tubing,) but my bother-in-law booked a snorkeling trip at the tender dock and got a great deal. For $40 @ they took him and his wife to an island where they swam for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours and then the captain took them back to the ship. They didn't even have to tender back. If I go back to Belize I will definately book this trip. Sorry that I don't know the nameof the tour but they were on the tender pier.

Have a great trip and eat a shrimp for me.

Clackey

Hola Kim,

I can't say that I have personal experience snorkeling in Belize, (we went cave tubing,) but my bother-in-law booked a snorkeling trip at the tender dock and got a great deal. For $40 @ they took him and his wife to an island where they swam for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours and then the captain took them back to the ship. They didn't even have to tender back. If I go back to Belize I will definately book this trip. Sorry that I don't know the nameof the tour but they were on the tender pier.

Have a great trip and eat a shrimp for me.

Clackey

Clackey,

Thanks for the info. Sounds like a good deal. Sorry, but I don't eat shrimp, or any seafood.

thanks

Kim

Last year when we were in Belize we hooked up with a tour operator on the pier and took and excursion to Goff's Caye. We had a blast. My husband and I, plus our three children were only $96 plus tip. THe captain and crew were great with my kids. One guide dove down really far to get a turtle for my 2 year old to see. We bring our own snorkle gear but they had plenty on the ship. They were so good with our kids, we bring an inflatable snow tube for my little guy and snorkle while he just sits in the tube and we pull him along. They loved that. WHile on GOffs Caye, the kids played on the beach, and we just hung out drinking the yummy Belize beer. It was one of the best days of our cruise.

We will be in Belize in June on our first cruise and would like to try snorkeling. My husband, our 13 year old son and have never snorkeled. Anyone have any suggestions. Not sure son would be interested in Shark Ray Alley for the first time.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Kim

I have a book and I will bring it with me. We plan on visiting Caye Caulker in Belize, you have to take a water taxi to the beaches. The book lists the details and the water taxi is reasonable in price. 2 more days!!:cool:

See you in Houston

Paula

Kim

I have a book and I will bring it with me. We plan on visiting Caye Caulker in Belize, you have to take a water taxi to the beaches. The book lists the details and the water taxi is reasonable in price. 2 more days!!:cool:

See you in Houston

Paula

Thanks Paula. We're having trouble figuring out what to do in Belize. Maybe the book will help. See you Saturday.

Kim

Archived