Best beach excursion?

Ramrac

I have been reading and have been told that the excursion Carnival offers for Seven Mile Beach is not the same part of the beach they use to go to and that the "new" area they go to is really rocky and not nearly as nice. Anyone know of any really nice beaches at Grand Cayman, whether through Carnival or private excursions? Or even a nice beach with food and drinks that a taxi can get to and is safe?

Are there costs for any areas on 7MB?

From what I have read on here, GC beaches are all public and therefore "free". You just have to pay for any amenities like chairs, umbrellas and obviously food and drinks.

As you exit the tender area hop on the $5 mini bus to Royal Palms or Sea Grape Beach. Nice sandy beach at both places plus RP's has a pool for adults.

Thanks for the advice! I'm assuming it is $5 per person each way? How far away from the ship are those beaches? You said the Royal Palms has pools for adults, do they also have pools for kids? We will have our 6 year old with us.

Thanks for the advice! I'm assuming it is $5 per person each way? How far away from the ship are those beaches? You said the Royal Palms has pools for adults, do they also have pools for kids? We will have our 6 year old with us.

wish they did but they don't..we will likely do Sea Grape or look into Day Passes the the GC Beach Suites. Just not sure what they charge for kids, but it is $25PP for use of the Hotel...

• 3 weeks later...

The last time I was there (a year or so ago) there was an area by the Ritz Carlton on 7 mile beach that was completely free for access, however, you could rent chairs, and buy food/drinks there, and it had public showers and restrooms... I would definitely recommend skipping carnivals expensive excursions if all you're looking to do is hang out on the beach. If you've never been before, I'd recommend a quick island tour, and then hit the beach! The Cayman Islands has some of the most beautiful water in the world! Hope this helps.

Archived