using a cpap machine

jue

hi

has anyone from uk used a cpap machine onboard the idependence of the seas, any input into plug location and the workings of the machine ie does it work the same with lower voltage would be really greatfull

many thanks for any replies

jue

Not from the UK and not very familiar with CPAP machines.

However you should check on your machine what Voltage it operates with. It should be noted on the machine. Many electric appliances these days work in a range of Voltage, others don´t.

On RCI ships there´s two different sockets.

American style flat pin 110V sockets and European style round pin 220V sockets.

So the Voltage shouldn´t be a problem for you, just choose the right one.

The thing you will need is an adaptor plug to plug it in and as the sockets are mostly not next to the bed an extension cord might be helpful, though I think you can order those through RCI special needs department at

special_needs@rccl.com

If you need the 220V version you should make that clear to them as I´m not sure if they carry 220V extension cords.

I'm surprised that they provide the distilled water. On other cruises I either brought it on with me or used bottled water on the ship.:)

they supplied me on Allure and and are doing so on Adventure. they give you a gallon, which is 10 times what you actually need. a nice touch.

Not from the UK and not very familiar with CPAP machines.

However you should check on your machine what Voltage it operates with. It should be noted on the machine. Many electric appliances these days work in a range of Voltage, others don´t.

On RCI ships there´s two different sockets.

American style flat pin 110V sockets and European style round pin 220V sockets.

So the Voltage shouldn´t be a problem for you, just choose the right one.

The thing you will need is an adaptor plug to plug it in and as the sockets are mostly not next to the bed an extension cord might be helpful, though I think you can order those through RCI special needs department at

special_needs@rccl.com

If you need the 220V version you should make that clear to them as I´m not sure if they carry 220V extension cords.

How far in advance do you need to request? (I'm sure at least 10 days but didn't know if there was such a thing as notifying them too early.) Thx.

• 3 weeks later...

A girlfriend and I travel together and we both use CPAP machines. We call ourselves "The Hose Nose Gals". lol We always travel with our own extension cords but RCI always supplies us with distilled water. All you need to do is contact the Special Needs Department. I always remind our room steward, though, after we board. We've done this on at least 6 cruises with RCI and several different ships without a problem. Have fun on your cruise.

Pamela (Tucson, AZ)

Archived