Kiddie pool..are swim diapers allowed???

momof2ms

'formal' LOL!!! :eek:

Don't get me started.....you trouble maker you!! ;)

Well they do have nice sequins and all :rolleyes:

Me a trouble maker? HA! NEVER!

None of the pools on Carnival ships are chlorinated, they are salt-water pools that are refilled daily...that is the reason that un-potty-trained kids aren't supposed to be in them. It's for health reasons.

Because not everyone follows these rules, you'd be right to keep your babies out of them...just in case. It's not worth the risk.

Hot tubs must be chlorinated because my daughters hair turned very green....unless...:eek: yikes....

Just the thought of people picking their butts while touching food in the buffet line...it just grossed me out, that's all.... :p

Dang wedgie pickin', chair hoggin, pool peein' denim wearin' passengers!! ;)

Ode to the Skid Mark

Oh skid mark, oh skid mark, why art thou there,

in my clean pair of white underwear.

I wiped it once, I wiped it twice,

and still you show no sacrifice.

I threw you in to my washing machine,

I expected you to come out clean.

Hoping when the cycle has pass,

I find no remnants of my ***.

I take you from the wash and out to dry,

amongst the clouds and the clear blue sky.

But to my dismay and disbelief,

I find your still haunting my white clean briefs.

Hot tubs must be chlorinated because my daughters hair turned very green....unless...:eek: yikes....

ahhh...your daughter must be a blondie???

Nothing like what chlorine does to blonde hair......at least, I too, hope it was chlorine!! :eek:

If it was chlorine...buy some swimmer's shampoo and make sure she washes her hair after each time she gets out of the pool!!!

Ode to the Skid Mark

Oh skid mark, oh skid mark, why art thou there,

in my clean pair of white underwear.

I wiped it once, I wiped it twice,

and still you show no sacrifice.

I threw you in to my washing machine,

I expected you to come out clean.

Hoping when the cycle has pass,

I find no remnants of my ***.

I take you from the wash and out to dry,

amongst the clouds and the clear blue sky.

But to my dismay and disbelief,

I find your still haunting my white clean briefs.

truly a classic! :D

Yeah...that makes them nice enough to wear on the red carpet!!

:D no comment :D

So it would be ok then?

:p

So it would be ok then?

:p

who's that guy????..Jeff Foxworthy......!

You know you're a redneck when, to you 'formal wear' means.......

you get the picture :p

Ok...now this has truly been hijacked....what was the original question...oh yeah, diapers....

I mean this question with all seriousness. I know this thread has gotten alittle off track, so to speak~:D

We are sailing the Pride on May 8th. Would people get irritated if we brought my 2 year olds blow up pool by the pool? I know there was a thread about blow up pools, but I can't find it.

I would put only a tiny bit of water in it. You guys can be honest. I hate offending people, and if it was something that would piss people off I won't do it. I just want to enjoy some lounge time. I never get in the pool anyway~so neither would my 2 year old.

I mean this question with all seriousness. I know this thread has gotten alittle off track, so to speak~:D

We are sailing the Pride on May 8th. Would people get irritated if we brought my 2 year olds blow up pool by the pool? I know there was a thread about blow up pools, but I can't find it.

I would put only a tiny bit of water in it. You guys can be honest. I hate offending people, and if it was something that would piss people off I won't do it. I just want to enjoy some lounge time. I never get in the pool anyway~so neither would my 2 year old.

someone did suggest that before. Give it a try...if the crew says anything, then the worst that can happen is you have to empty and deflate it.

I don't think it would piss other parents off...your child will probably wind up making friends quick!!

someone did suggest that before. Give it a try...if the crew says anything, then the worst that can happen is you have to empty and deflate it.

I don't think it would piss other parents off...your child will probably wind up making friends quick!!

I'm thinking there might be an issue with open deck space.

Perhaps put it on your balcony instead?

As already stated this has been brought up before and there seemed to be two show stoppers....a) how would you fill it and b) where would it be emptied? Not a bad idea actually but again, as has been posted, there might be an issue with deck space....not to mention the drunkards.

....not to mention the drunkards.

I've only been on 3 cruises...but there was only 1 person that I thought was so drunk they were obnoxious and that was at night during one of the shows...she heckeled the comedian...her husband was mortified.....

anyway...my point is, are there really THAT many drunkards aboard these sailings, or am I too drunk to notice??? :D

I've only been on 3 cruises...but there was only 1 person that I thought was so drunk they were obnoxious and that was at night during one of the shows...she heckeled the comedian...her husband was mortified.....

anyway...my point is, are there really THAT many drunkards aboard these sailings, or am I too drunk to notice??? :D

1) It was probably funnier than the comedian's rotine, anyway.

2) We usually don't see too many obnoxious drunks, just ones that pass out in the piano bar.

You can find those posts on the family board. Honestly, I don't know if you will find any available deck space, even for a small pool.....Then, there's the issue of how are you going to fill it and, more importantly, dump the water. You really can't just dump the water back onto the deck.....:eek: Anyway, those issues are discussed on the family board by moms who have or are considering bringing one on their cruise.

ahhh...your daughter must be a blondie???

Nothing like what chlorine does to blonde hair......at least, I too, hope it was chlorine!! :eek:

If it was chlorine...buy some swimmer's shampoo and make sure she washes her hair after each time she gets out of the pool!!!

Blonde yes...some fake highlights...yes.....I'm buying that for sure before we cruise next time. It must work if you are recommending it.

Blonde yes...some fake highlights...yes.....I'm buying that for sure before we cruise next time. It must work if you are recommending it.

It works great...but you have to use it consistantly at the end of every day after she's done swimming!!!

The best brand is Ultra-Swim...but I believe L'Oreal now makes a swim shampoo as well.

Good Luck!! :D

• 3 weeks later...

I put my 2 1/2 year old in the pool and did not use swim diapers. I did see a little boy in the kiddie pool wearing them but I didn't say anything. It does mention them on the sign but is so little you don't notice it unless you take the time to really read the pool rules. All the pool areas were windy and the water was cold so we didn't use the pools that often. My daughter enjoyed the hot tub most of all. It was always full of kids and used more often than the pools. The pools are emptied very regularly so I am sure they stay pretty clean. It would be nice to have a heated adult pool even in 80 degree weather.

pungo, I love your pink flamingo! Would you share the link so that I could possibly use him?

Blue, our sweet Pungo is in the hospital right now :( She is such a sweetheart I'm sure she would share the link if she were around... keep her in your prayers and visit the Valor Vampires thread maybe next week and hopefully we will have some word on how she is...

Blue, our sweet Pungo is in the hospital right now :( She is such a sweetheart I'm sure she would share the link if she were around... keep her in your prayers and visit the Valor Vampires thread maybe next week and hopefully we will have some word on how she is...

Oh No! I am so sorry and most certainly will keep pungo in my thoughts and prayers!

Archived