Jewel Photos

Beyondships

Thank you for posting this. I love reading your descriptions and seeing your pictures. I will be on the Jewel soon. You mention that Azura restaurant had a healthy dining/ dining lite menu. Is this menu separate and different from the main dining room menu? I always thought both dining rooms had the same menu. I noticed one of the balcony pics was a handicapped one. If the other one is a regular balcony...then the Jewel balcony cabins appear bigger than the Pearl and Gem balcony cabins.

Thanks again...and your site is fabulous! You got me excited to see the Jewel again. The only thing I remember years ago in 2006 were the bar chairs, the suite curtains, and the coffee bean carpet in the Blue Lagoon. Your photos brought back so much more!

coka

I really enjoyed the tour of the Jewel. Thank you!! It has been a while since we sailed NCL but thinking about doing it again. Did you find that they push the "drinks'?? Someone told us that is why they wouldn't sail with NCL again.

Thanks again for your work on your post.

Carol

Thank you for posting review loved the pool pics . We are going in december

I was looking at the balcony rooms pics and we are booked in ba 10550 and 10552 I wonder if there was a pull out in them I only saw I pull down in pics and it got me worried ds4 won't be able to sleep in it

Can you spare more details on the balcony room thanks

I really enjoyed your site. I wish I had seen this before my trip last week. In any case, your pictures and comentary are really nice and brought back many memories of our cruise.

Thanks for sharing the link.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the extensive pics and descriptions.

I would just like to point out a minor correction in your overview. There is no such thing as "Hindu food" as Hinduism is a religion. I think you meant to say "Indian food."

And FYI, I'm not Hindu! :D

I really enjoyed the tour of the Jewel. Thank you!! It has been a while since we sailed NCL but thinking about doing it again. Did you find that they push the "drinks'?? Someone told us that is why they wouldn't sail with NCL again.

Thanks again for your work on your post.

Carol

Carol, I have never felt like they were "pushing" drinks on NCL... in fact, I have read many posts where the poster didn't think that they asked if you wanted drinks enough times. I guess you can't please anyone, if they don't ask enough someone will complain, if they ask too much, someone else will complain.

I was on Jewel this summer and have re-done my photo tour of the ship with new photos.

http://www.beyondships.com/NCLJewel-Tour.html I hope you enjoy it.

Love your website Thanks for sharing. We would have loved to sail on the Jewel while she is in New York since my DH has an aversion to flying and as Hugo said per your blog, it is a great convenience to not have to fly to be on a cruise. Unfortunately, we will not be able to cruise until the later part of next year. I plan to check out the other ships on your site.

Archived