Mini-Suite amenities on Norweigan Dawn

lr657

A mini suite has no extra amenities, it is basically a slightly larger balcony with a bathtub and shower with a curtain around the bed. No perk above that of any balcony.

Many folks have said for some time they should be called large balconies or some such. Lots of folks think they get suite perks and thats not the case.

Thanks so much for your reply. This is our first NCL cruise and I wasn't sure if a mini-suite is worth the extra cost. Do you at least receive priority boarding/disembarkation with a mini-suite?

We had a mini suite on the Dawn in late September. It should not be called a "suite" as there are no suite perks at all. No priority anything! We had booked a balcony guarantee, had our assigned cabin and about 2 weeks before sailing noticed prices dropping drastically. Called NCL and we were upgraded to the mini for $5. The extra room was worth the five bucks! :rolleyes:

Thanks everyone for your answers. Maybe we will just book a balcony and see if a price drop will lead to an upgrade. A larger cabin would be nice, but not at the current cost difference.

Thanks everyone for your answers. Maybe we will just book a balcony and see if a price drop will lead to an upgrade. A larger cabin would be nice, but not at the current cost difference.

Exactly!

Glad to see you found out here vs being surprised after boarding. We have enjoyed many cruises but totally upset over this mis-labeling of these cabins.

(other cruiselines do it as well)

We have just recently started cruising and I don't know why we waited so long. One thing I have learned quickly is that the best information is obtained from these boards. I really appreciate the help!

Archived