disabled parking question

cruisenotbooze

Who said I was offended? I am simply curious as to why.

To me I would find it frustrating. Disabled people have had to fight for equal rights, and then receive unnecessary special perks because of their disability. I find it kind of contradictory. Like when women use the whole "we want equal rights only when it benefits us." I find it kind of funny people use "fixed income" as an excuse. Do the elderly also get free parking? They are often on a fixed income as well.

Sorry if my curiosity offends you. I assure you I am not some disabled hating selfish money grabbing harpy.

(and no, even when taking my disabled grandmother places I don't use the handicap parking. I drop her off at the front and find regular parking even though I have her tag)

I don't see the free parking either. If they are on a fixed income, that can mean anything in dollar amounts. Even if on the low end of monetary benefits, they squandered enough money to cruise, pay tips etc. I've yet to see a fully handicap person drive himself to the parking lot, get out and get their own equipment out etc. There has always been someone to assist. I do believe parking closer is a perk that's helpful.

Some say there's pain. Well, I have pain, can I get free parking? I'm on a fixed income. Can I have free parking? I have a scooter inside my van with a ramp to get it out. Can I have free parking.

I have a HC placard also and would never expect to park for free, if I can afford to cruise and own a car I can certainly find the $30/day to park.(NYC Cruise Port)

So tired of all the entitlements people think they deserve.

OP: As usual lots of conflicting opinions here and of course the thread has moved off topic from your question. I would suggest that you contact the port terminal directly for correct information.

This is the best thing to do. The ports in Florida will let you know the ir rules.

I called yesterday and Anna at phone # 305-347-5515 told me it was free. So do i consider her not telling the truth or believe what you say? Did your parents inquire about it? Did they call the port ahead of time or why were they charged? Give a little more info please.

I believe in POM, you have to declare HC on entry and fill out a form on leaving and the person to whom the HC is registered needs to have that registration with them and b in the vehicle. But again, contact POM and get an email confirm of the rules that you can show the parking attendant.

Archived