Diamond Princess: question about public areas

I have never cruised on Princess nor been on a cruise with "scenic cruising" days. Usually book inside cabin because I am cheap (and honest):) Wondering if Diamond Princess has public areas for good viewing? Would I need balcony room or is it a better deal to book space in "sanctuary" or are public spaces adequate? Don't want to miss out on scenic cruise day by going cheap. Cruising from Auckland to Sydney at the end of January. Thanks for help.

I have never cruised on Princess nor been on a cruise with "scenic cruising" days. Usually book inside cabin because I am cheap (and honest):) Wondering if Diamond Princess has public areas for good viewing? Would I need balcony room or is it a better deal to book space in "sanctuary" or are public spaces adequate? Don't want to miss out on scenic cruise day by going cheap. Cruising from Auckland to Sydney at the end of January. Thanks for help.

hi Lennie, on the main deck is good for public viewing but if its cold they have Skywalkers Nightclub on deck 18 which is excellent also....you will enjoy the Diamond its excellent but the currency is in USD

bob

Hi .

There is plenty of public viewing area up on the decks so no need to worry. Scenic cruising from your balcony is OK, but I always prefer to be up on the top decks so you can see both sides, and if need be walk from one side to the other to take in the view.

Re the Sanctuary... When we did Au/NZ on Diamond hardly anyone used it. There were more staff standing around up there than clients.:rolleyes:

i called you Lennie but i was thinking about some else....sorry about that

There is plenty of public space outside on the upper levels of the central pool area and promendade deck as well as aft decks...when you are cruising through Milford Sound they broadcast lecturer on those decks also. They hand out blankets and hot choc the south of NZ is cold even in summer.

I do love a balcony..when I can, I suggest if you opt for a balcony..choose Caribe deck as those balcony are half covered. Dolphin is totally exposed to the decks above so no shade or protection from rain.

Archived