Independence of the Seas - need info on beer package

dln929

Can anyone just off the Indy give me any info on the alcoholic beverage package? I did read the thread from when RCI introduced the package but I seem to remember that it was a trial only?

What I'd specifically like to know is if that $29 beer package is strictly for beer ONLY or does it include house wine by the glass? I called RCI directly but the person I got wasn't very knowledgeable about what the Indy offers. My husband and I drink mostly beer and wine so we're really not interested in cocktails.

Can anyone just off the Indy give me any info on the alcoholic beverage package? I did read the thread from when RCI introduced the package but I seem to remember that it was a trial only?

What I'd specifically like to know is if that $29 beer package is strictly for beer ONLY or does it include house wine by the glass? I called RCI directly but the person I got wasn't very knowledgeable about what the Indy offers. My husband and I drink mostly beer and wine so we're really not interested in cocktails.

i think the beer package is now $39,it does include any bottle and draught beers and alcopops and house wines by the glass/also soda fountain is included

Thank you everyone but now I'm even more confused. I used the "Live Chat" feature on the RCI website and this is what the agent told me about what the Indy offers:

The Beer Package: $29 per guest / day

All beer brands are included in this package, as well as a 25% discount on cocktails and wines.

The Classic Package: $39 per guest / day

Included in this package are all beer brands, as well as frozen drinks and cocktails in the house and call brand categories. A 25% discount is offered on all premium and specialty brand liquors, as well as all wines.

The Premium Package: $49 per guest / day

The Premium-brand liquors are included in this package, as well as frozen drinks and champagne cocktails. All beer brands, and wines by the glass up to $10 are included as well. A 25% discount is offered on specialty liquor brands, as well as wines by the bottle and glasses of wine price over $10.

NOTE: The package prices are the same on all three ships. However, for Independence of the Seas, a 15% gratuity is INCLUDED in the price of the package. For Grandeur of the Seas and Legend of the Seas, a 15% gratuity is ADDED to the price of the package. (The Independence does not have a gratuity as they are in Europe and the VAT is included in the sale price of the packages for that ship.)

So if this is the way it is, then if I want a glass of wine for dinner and want to have it as part of the package, I have to buy the Premium Package for $49/day. What a bummer. I don't want to drink wine & cocktails, I want to drink wine and beer!!!! :(

Thank you everyone but now I'm even more confused. I used the "Live Chat" feature on the RCI website and this is what the agent told me about what the Indy offers:

All beer brands are included in this package, as well as a 25% discount on cocktails and wines.

Included in this package are all beer brands, as well as frozen drinks and cocktails in the house and call brand categories. A 25% discount is offered on all premium and specialty brand liquors, as well as all wines.

The Premium-brand liquors are included in this package, as well as frozen drinks and champagne cocktails. All beer brands, and wines by the glass up to $10 are included as well. A 25% discount is offered on specialty liquor brands, as well as wines by the bottle and glasses of wine price over $10.

NOTE: The package prices are the same on all three ships. However, for Independence of the Seas, a 15% gratuity is INCLUDED in the price of the package. For Grandeur of the Seas and Legend of the Seas, a 15% gratuity is ADDED to the price of the package. (The Independence does not have a gratuity as they are in Europe and the VAT is included in the sale price of the packages for that ship.)

So if this is the way it is, then if I want a glass of wine for dinner and want to have it as part of the package, I have to buy the Premium Package for $49/day. What a bummer. I don't want to drink wine & cocktails, I want to drink wine and beer!!!! :(

you can still have a glass of wine free with beer package.the $39 per day is what i paid on the grandeur ots in september

The 'live chat' guy is wrong:rolleyes:

The packages are $39/$49/$59 and have been for several months

The $39 beer package also includes wine by the glass

The 'live chat' guy is wrong:rolleyes:

The packages are $39/$49/$59 and have been for several months

The $39 beer package also includes wine by the glass

I thought the information wasn't right when I heard it so I'm glad you're confirming my suspicions. :)

So am I reading this correctly that this package is not available on the Freedom of the Seas?

Does the beer package included unlimited beer? This sounds too good to be true!:eek:

Yes, unlimited beer but they'll cut you off if you're overserved. The package is available only on the Indy, Grandeur, and Legend.

I thought the information wasn't right when I heard it so I'm glad you're confirming my suspicions. :)

Yes, unlimited beer but they'll cut you off if you're overserved. The package is available only on the Indy, Grandeur, and Legend.

I would hazard to guess that they will NOT be offering this package on the Independence when it comes back to Ft. Lauderdale in November 2012 since they are only offering it on the European sailings now.

Archived