Disney Wonder-8th Deck is very noisy

pennez

We just got off the Wonder in Long Beach-were in cabins 8036 and 8046. Can't begin to tell you how noisy it was in those mid-ship locations. All day long you can hear people walking about, chairs being dragged and the loud, loud sounds from either the movie shown above on the big screen or from the bands. If you like to nap/have children that must--avoid that area. Don't know if the ends of deck 8 are as bad-but take my advise and book a lower/cheaper cabin!!

We were in 8032 and agree there was some noise, but the only time it ever disturbed us was one morning around 6:00 am when they were dragging chairs around to clean the deck.

If you are noise sensitive, I agree this might not be the right area for your cabin. But I don't think most people are bothered by it, otherwise there would be constant complaints.

8042 had the same problem... but only on the very last night, very late, was it an issue. Maybe other times we were just too tired to have it bother us? We booked into the room next door for January so it obviously didn't concern us too much.

Any deck below the top is noisey. That is one reason we never stay on the top deck. We have always remained 2 decks below the top to avoid getting awakened by the early morning cleaners. On the Dream we stayed at cabin 9090 and it was delightfully quite and LARGE. I loved the round spacious bath tub. WE are also booked at deck 9 on the upcoming Fantasy on June.

The deck 12 concierge cabins on the Dream have nothing above them except a very quiet walking area that I don't think most people even knew about. We never heard a pin drop above us.

Unfortunately, that area on the Fantasy will not be that quiet. They are adding an Adult splash pool on Deck 13 Forward, right in front of the concierge sundeck is located. So the forward suites will have noise issues, I suspect.

The eighth floor on the Magic and the Wonder are quite noisy. We were under the foosball table one trip. The next cruise we decided to go slumming on the 7th floor.

Slumming it, lol. :D

Being under the foosball table would be sucky. Have to say the only time we were not bothered by noise on Deck 8 was on the Westbound Transatlantic. There was nary a child on board, and I think that made a difference.

Archived