many kids? going the monday AFTER thanks.

cruisenotbooze

cruising the Monday after Thanksgiving. most kids will be back in school i am assuming, so has anyone cruised this week and if so, what was the average age group?

can tell you on our Inspiration Cruise on the 28th there will be 3 kids ages: 2, 4, 10...;);)

that sounds like a great week for families with young kids..like under 10 or so to cruise. Less expensive and the airlines are probably running on schedule by then after the Thanksgiving delays that can be expected.

also, far enough before Christmas so as to not interfere with that.

Perfect time for families IMHO....and those with homeschooled kids

well.. im not really bothered by kids. i love them! i was just wondering really because a family member was thinking of bringing her 11 yr old, 5 yr old and 3 yr old. was wondering if they would still have camp carnival...ec.t..

Yes, camp carnival will be up and running. It's open even if there a just a handful of kids onboard.

It's a great time to cruise if you like quiet ships and a bargain!

Average age versus number of kids are too entirely different things. You could have a very high average age and lots of kids under 6.

If price is good, I fully expect in this economy that some will forgo school for a value vacation ;)

cruising the Monday after Thanksgiving. most kids will be back in school i am assuming, so has anyone cruised this week and if so, what was the average age group?

There will be some - I cruise in the off-season, when you would expect children to be in school. On my cruise last year (first week of Oct 2010), there were quite a few. I started asking them why they were not in school, and nearly all answered that they were "home schooled"...

We often cruise the weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas because the prices are so good. You will have hardly any kids on board. I promise!

why would having lots of kids on board be something that you promise won't happen?

what is wrong with kids on cruises?

There are certain types I prefer no to be on a cruise with but it doesn't change my mind at all.

I chose the week after Thansgiving for the awesome prices. I'm taking my two DS's, ages 7 and 10, out of school for that week and hitting the W. Caribbean on Dream. They've been begging for Dream or Magic and the prices, when I booked ES, couldn't be beat.. 31 days..can't wait!! :)

• 3 weeks later...
well.. im not really bothered by kids. i love them! i was just wondering really because a family member was thinking of bringing her 11 yr old, 5 yr old and 3 yr old. was wondering if they would still have camp carnival...ec.t..

My kids will be on the Triumph the Monday after Thanksgiving...13, 8 and 3.

well with your 3 and 5, and my 2 and 4 that makes 4 at least..

Archived