carnival pride rooms 5191 or 5234

chellebert

im looking at the carnival pride in an obstructed balcony (we usually get an inside but this seems a good price) does anyon have pictures of rooms 5191 5234? just wonderin which is a better view, i can't really tell looking at the deck plans, room 5191 is the one we were really wanting.. anyone whose stayed in these rooms i would much appreciate it if you could post pics!

thanks!

Funny - I contemplated these same two rooms on the Legend on our last trip. I ended up going with 5234. The rooms "indent" into the ship starting at one end right at room 5191 and so you have a wall that I'm thinking you aren't going to be able to see past and will have some view blockage there when looking out that way.

I never could find a picture of 5191 with the view looking towards that wall.

I took lots of pics from our balcony but they don't show the obstruction as I would stand up to take them and there was absolutely no obstruction other then when looking down. You could see out fine when sitting as well except then the top of the lifeboat would be in the pictures. I wouldn't hesitate getting that room again.

Cabin 5234 was also just around the corner from the elevators which was good. Just get off the elevator, turn into the hallway and it's the 2nd or 3rd room in (and we never heard any noise from people walking by).

Edited by jtdlmc

5191 has that wall there-- would think it gives the balcony a somewhat closed in feeling.

http://www.travelingnuts.com/2011cruise/images/DSCN0186.JPG

see the wall there-- and that lifeboat-- that will be what it will be like.

I would take the other one- at least it will feel somewhat opened. Puts you closer to the elevator which puts you closer to the food/pools.

5238 is the best balcony in that category- are you looking for a cabin for 4 people?

Edited by serene56

Sorry to hijack, but if anyone has pics of room 1130 on pride, I would be thrilled to see our room for our upcoming cruise on Pride.

im looking at the carnival pride in an obstructed balcony (we usually get an inside but this seems a good price) does anyon have pictures of rooms 5191 5234? just wonderin which is a better view, i can't really tell looking at the deck plans, room 5191 is the one we were really wanting.. anyone whose stayed in these rooms i would much appreciate it if you could post pics!

thanks!

5238 is the best balcony in that category- are you looking for a cabin for 4 people?

I agree .. we have 5238 booked for our Legend Cruise in August it is however a Mod HC cabin.

5236 also has a large balcony.

Both are 110sq.ft.

There are pictures posted on CruiselineroomsDOTcom of both cabins.

Sorry to hijack, but if anyone has pics of room 1130 on pride, I would be thrilled to see our room for our upcoming cruise on Pride.

Check CruiselineroomsDOTcom there are pictures of the cabin 1136 just down from yours.

thanks.

I agree .. we have 5238 booked for our Legend Cruise in August it is however a Mod HC cabin.

5236 also has a large balcony.

Both are 110sq.ft.

There are pictures posted on CruiselineroomsDOTcom of both cabins.

Check CruiselineroomsDOTcom there are pictures of the cabin 1136 just down from yours.

1130 is on the Riveria deck and is an inside cabin. It holds 4 people.

It will look like any inside cabin as they are all the same.

Are you cruising with 4 people?

if so- you want to consider putting the lower beds UNDER the upper beds to give you more floor space.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2468890870050360393CWawjz

2468890870050360393CWawjz_th.jpg

keeoping the beds together-- you lose your space-- the people in the lower beds will scrouch down getting out of bed every day.

Edited by serene56

We are booked in 5191 on Pride but we don't cruise until April. We chose that one due to other websites mentioning it is less "obstructed" when picking in that category. Last time on Pride we were in 5199 and loved the location - close to elevators, not far from Camp, etc...

Have a great cruise!!! :-)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

thanks... for that info... im sure whatever i get ill be fine with , like i said, we usually travel in an inside so we'll have a great vacation! i'd love to see your pics when you return since we aren't even going til next october!

I'm going on the pride this coming sunday Oct 30th. Being that we will be at sea on Halloween on Oct 31st, I'm wondering if there will be a Halloween party on board ?? Does anyone know ?

Thanks!

Imam, first time cruising on Carnival Pride.

I'm going on the pride next week.....I'll try to get picture of 5191 for you!! :) Hopefully I will remember this " 5191 ". I will stroll by and see if I get a sneek peek of it.

thanks!

I'm going on the pride this coming sunday Oct 30th. Being that we will be at sea on Halloween on Oct 31st, I'm wondering if there will be a Halloween party on board ?? Does anyone know ?

Thanks!

Imam, first time cruising on Carnival Pride.

yes they will

I'm going on the pride next week.....I'll try to get picture of 5191 for you!! :) Hopefully I will remember this " 5191 ". I will stroll by and see if I get a sneek peek of it.

yes they will, when we went on inspiration, over halloween, they had lots of activities costume contest and party people dressed up it was a blast. we will be on royalcaribbean enchantment of the seas for this halloween but am still in search orf a costume.... hopefully i find something :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
We stayed in 5191 we loved the room. I was trying to upload photo how ever my computer won't let me.

Hello. I have that room on hold right now. What did you love about it? I am concerned about the wall to the right and how high the lifeboat is. Can you help?

Edited by bablackbelt

Hello. I have that room on hold right now. What did you love about it? I am concerned about the wall to the right and how high the lifeboat is. Can you help?

I tried to respond but my posting got lost.

THe wall is right beside you- you can not look towards the forward of the ship.

with the all and the lifeboat it gives the balcony a closed in feeling

the balcony is small. Long and narrow. it has 2 chairs and a parsons table

is this your first cruise?

http://i1017.photobucket.com/albums/af297/klutz13/Carnival/lookingatlastcabinbywall.jpg

your cabin is towards the bottom of the picture

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/cabinpics/17/org/16815.JPG

(what is the cost to go to a different category