Bed positions

klyde

Sailing in AQ on the Equinox in Jan, was wondering which bed position people preferred in there cabin, next to bathroom or balcony. Are there any advantages either way. Thankyou.

Don't care where the bed is...as long as there is one!!:D

No truthfully we've had one close to the bath and one close to the window and we much prefer close to the bath....nice to have the couch where you can sit and see the water and, I don't know why, but the room didn't seem to get as cluttered with it next to the bath....

I have a question about requesting bed arrangements. On the stateroom summary on the Celebrity website, it doesn't list a choice next to bed arrangements. When I go into that section, it says select the bed arrangement you would like in your cabin, but there are no options, only a button to check that says not applicable. We have a cat. 7 ocean view stateroom on Millenium. Does anyone know if we can request the beds together or are there only two twins in this type of room? Thanks!

I think the beds are the same in all categories (maybe not in penthouse). There are twin beds that can be pushed together to make a queen or separated. Phone Celebrity or your TA to make a choice. If they're not arrange to your liking when you board, you can ask your steward to move them. No problem.

Bon voyage

Bed near bath is tops for us for two reasons...the one above, it gives you a bigger psychological "living area" when you combine the couch, view and balcony, plus I get up in the night to use the washroom so it's nicer to not have to stumble past the coffee table to get to the bathroom.

I have a question about requesting bed arrangements. On the stateroom summary on the Celebrity website, it doesn't list a choice next to bed arrangements. When I go into that section, it says select the bed arrangement you would like in your cabin, but there are no options, only a button to check that says not applicable. We have a cat. 7 ocean view stateroom on Millenium. Does anyone know if we can request the beds together or are there only two twins in this type of room? Thanks!

We had an ocean view last year on the Summit. We had the beds together, and the couch was next to the window. It was a good arrangement for us.

In your reservation summary, in the room summary section, you should be able to mark "together" or "apart". But, some staterooms have only specific arrangements - these are shown on the deck plan with a star or something like it. If you don't have the option to select your beds together, I'd look on the deck plan to see if that gives you any more information. If you post the cabin number, someone may have specific information for your cabin.

I am going to have to go with the bed near the veranda. I think it makes the room look bigger when you enter and are not "hit by the bed". Also it is much easier to access the closet when the couch is next to it than when the bed is. (We had bed next to bath on our first Solstice cruise and now try to pick "bed by veranda" rooms.)

I am going to have to go with the bed near the veranda. I think it makes the room look bigger when you enter and are not "hit by the bed". Also it is much easier to access the closet when the couch is next to it than when the bed is. (We had bed next to bath on our first Solstice cruise and now try to pick "bed by veranda" rooms.)

The OP mentioned a category 7 ocean view stateroom - no veranda. Our ocean view on the Summit had the closet across from the bathroom, and the bed wouldn't have caused an issue there no matter where it was.

But - we're in a CC2 week after next (on Summit), and I didn't realize you could opt for *where* the bed was, only together or apart. Any help on where to find this option?

I think bed by the bath or by the veranda is only a Solstice class ship issue as the rooms alternate and the closet is not in the hallway across from the bathroom door but on the wall which is parallel to the outside of the ship. (The key on the Solstice class ships is that rooms which are for 3 people have the bed by the bath so the trundle couch is by the veranda)

But - we're in a CC2 week after next (on Summit), and I didn't realize you could opt for *where* the bed was, only together or apart. Any help on where to find this option?

The whole conversation relative to bed near the bath/bed near the verandah is limited to the Solstice Class ships and has no relevance on the Millennium-Class ships or on Century...

On the Solstice-Class ships, one must choose a stateroom with the bed near the bath or bed near the verandah [there are ways--including the Sticky thread on Celebrity's Cruise Critic home page--to tell or deduce bed position] if it is an important consideration in selecting a stateroom... It is not an option to choose a cabin of one configuration and to have it converted to the other...

The option to have beds apart/beds together is available throughout the fleet...

I will caution against selecting a stateroom on Solstice-Class with the bed near the bath if the beds are going to be in a configuration of two Twins rather than a single Queen... With the beds apart, it is virtually impossible to access the closet without intruding upon the adjacent bed...

The whole conversation relative to bed near the bath/bed near the verandah is limited to the Solstice Class ships and has no relevance on the Millennium-Class ships or on Century...

On the Solstice-Class ships, one must choose a stateroom with the bed near the bath or bed near the verandah [there are ways--including the Sticky thread on Celebrity's Cruise Critic home page--to tell or deduce bed position] if it is an important consideration in selecting a stateroom... It is not an option to choose a cabin of one configuration and to have it converted to the other...

The option to have beds apart/beds together is available throughout the fleet...

I will caution against selecting a stateroom on Solstice-Class with the bed near the bath if the beds are going to be in a configuration of two Twins rather than a single Queen... With the beds apart, it is virtually impossible to access the closet without intruding upon the adjacent bed...

Thanks Xport. That helps.

And I was wrong, the OP asked about verandas...someone else asked about an ocean view. I'm easily confused when I have water on the brain.. ;)

I think bed by the bath or by the veranda is only a Solstice class ship issue as the rooms alternate and the closet is not in the hallway across from the bathroom door but on the wall which is parallel to the outside of the ship. (The key on the Solstice class ships is that rooms which are for 3 people have the bed by the bath so the trundle couch is by the veranda)

The pattern you cite is one rule of thumb in some areas of a Solstice-Class ship... But, for instance, there are no rooms in AquaClass [at present; AquaClass suites--to the best of my knowledge, we don't yet know their capacity--are being added to Reflection] that accommodate more than two people and the Sticky Thread or the practice of counting alternating rooms against the Deck Plan--relative to an established benchmark in terms of bed position--are the only ways to determine bed position...

Archived