Platinum level traveling with 1st timers

Luna'sMom

I am a platinum latitudes and I was wondering if we travel with another couple who are 1st timers' date=' will they be able to stay with us during check in? Specifically, the separate check in and concierge lounge?[/quote']

Yes, we have done this numerous times.

Not always for VIP check in. We had a suite one time and the children had an inside opposite (they were well under 18 at the time). Because you have to book on adult in each cabin, the check in people wanted my daughter and I to go to the normal check in while my son and husband stayed in the VIP area. We all went to the "normal" check in and then there was a problem finding the VIP cards.

Usually it is fine though.:)

...as have many frequent posters...that the first person you talk to is not always well-informed. It is my understanding that there are a lot of people working the pier, check-in, etc. who are not really full time cruise line employees.

I have had them try to send me to the wrong line several times. Once a gentleman said I could not use the suite check-in line because I had a penthouse and that was different from a suite. I just smiled and told him I was on the VIP list.

I often wonder what it would be like to work the pier, all that excitement and hustlebustle and excited people, and then...the ship leaves and you go home. :(

I am a platinum latitudes and I was wondering if we travel with another couple who are 1st timers' date=' will they be able to stay with us during check in? Specifically, the separate check in and concierge lounge?[/quote']

Luna,

We did this in Seattle, but did never saw the concierge lounge. I (platinum member) with my family and sister-in-law (first time cruiser) all checked in at the latitudes check-in station, but there were no significant lines so it really didn't make a difference in the long run.

We also included Patty in some of our platinum perks on board and no one raised a ruckus.

Have a great time together. :)

technically the concierge lounge is only for suite guests and VIP's. Its not automatically included for Platinum(it once was for a very SHORT period of time).

I had my two grand kids with us last time we were on the Gem(last week) and they were allowed into everything we could do as Platinum- all the parties etc....but you should ask the cruise consultant once you are on-she is the official latitudes rep...and by all means they can use the special check in....

I show my ticket that says platinum and just say they are with me...

Archived