Beach Excursion versus independent

calliebear99

Hi All,

We will be in Grand Cayman one day for our upcoming cruise and want to spend some time relaxing on a beach. I keep reading about 7 Mile Beach, so I guess that is the place to go on the island. However excursions to the beach cost $40pp thru the ship- which seems high as it only includes transportation, a chair and a drink. Does anyone know how much a taxi ride to 7 Mile Beach would cost instead? And can people not with the ship excursion rent chairs/umbrellas? If you take a taxi, are they available at the beach to take them back to the pier or are you stuck?

Any other beach suggestions for Grand Cayman that are easily accessible from the pier?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

7 mile beach is free to use if all you want to do is sit on your beach towel. Many cruisers head to 3 beach clubs on 7 Mile Beach. Royal Palms, SeaGrape and Tiki Beach. The mini-bus ride from the tender pier to the 1st two beach clubs is $5 p/p r/t, Tiki Beach may be 1.00 more. They all charge about the same for chairs, umbrella and drinks.

You can do this trip for around $30.00 ea. If you take the public bus system it would be a little less for transportation. Mini-buses and taxis will be waiting to take you back to the ship. Give yoursel a extra 20 minutes for the return, traffic become very heavy in the afternoon.

Any thoughts on which of those beaches would be the best one for just relaxing and swimming? My wife and I will be in Grand Cayman in January and are thinking of doing our own beach excursion here instead of a carnival excursion.

Archived