Emergency contact # for family members

Cruiser9384759

It's under FAQ

What if I need to stay in touch while away?

Staying connected at sea could be very important to some of us.

Norwegian guests can also be contacted on our ships by calling 1.888.NCSHIPS (1.888.627.4477) from the USA. For the rest of the world please dial 1.732.335.3280. When guests are contacted with the ship via satellite, they can be reached directly, if they are in their stateroom. If not, a message about the incoming call will be delivered to their stateroom and then they can call back* the shore via satellite.

NCL Ship Telephone & Fax Numbers

When calling from the United States: Dial 1.888.NC SHIPS (627.4477), select the ship, and enter your credit card information. When Calling from outside the United States: Dial 1.732.335.3280, select the ship, and enter your credit card information.

*Please use American Express, MasterCard and Discover Card, only.

Take your cellphone. Disable data. Emergency might be worth $2.50 / minute to be notified. We always take ours. If you will be making a lot of calls, get the International plan for a month (during your cruise).

Some Providers also offer "CRUISE SHIP" roaming....Well worth it in an emergency.....

Bill(DrFootball)

"I wanted a Mission, any Mission. And for my sins, they gave me one"-Martin Sheen as Capt. Ben Willard in Apocalypse Now

Bill's Brainiac Random Quote Generator V0.95 final beta for Mac

Take your cellphone. Disable data. Emergency might be worth $2.50 / minute to be notified. We always take ours. If you will be making a lot of calls, get the International plan for a month (during your cruise).

Just remember to turn it off if you put it in the safe ... the low battery beep will drive you crazy!

That is what we do. If somebody really needs to contact you NOW, calling the ship probably will not work. Why? Once they contact the ship, then they have to find you. And, that can be very difficult, especially if you are ashore.

Oh, and along with the note above, Intl plans do NOT apply to shipboard calls. Only those ashore and in certain countries.

Just so you know if someone calls you via satellite (1.888.NCSHIPS) to the ship it will cost them about $8 per minute. They can leave a message with reception for you to contact them back if you are not in your stateroom.

I tell my friends that watch the house - don't call me! Call the police or fire dept! If it's not something that I would fly home for then I don't want to know about it while on vacation.

Just so you know if someone calls you via satellite (1.888.NCSHIPS) to the ship it will cost them about $8 per minute. They can leave a message with reception for you to contact them back if you are not in your stateroom.

I tell my friends that watch the house - don't call me! Call the police or fire dept! If it's not something that I would fly home for then I don't want to know about it while on vacation.

:D Thats a great way to look at it. I don't even leave a phone number for anyone. I leave my itinerary, with the ship and my room number with my sister and daughter. If it is a true emergency I have a pretty resourceful family that can locate me, otherwise things at home can wait until I return.

Like you if I don't have to immediately fly home, what to heck can I do about anything sitting in the middle of the ocean.

I left the phone number with our doggie sitter and family. I kept my cellphone on (don't have a data plan) and I would text in every other day to ask if things in the home were OK. This also made it so she could text me if there was a problem. .50 to send a text, .05 to receive. Verizon."

I wanted to add that one night before a show started Big Ken made an announcement that they were looking for Mr. and Mrs. so and so and said please go to the purser's desk. We said to each other, "we hope it's not bad news.."

Archived