Cab fare from Ft. Laurderdale airport to Port of Miami?

turbot72lou

I was just wondering if anyone kows about how how much the cabe fare is from Ft lauderdale airport to port of miami?

I do know there are shuttle companys that will take you for a better price , I set my daughter and her friends up with one for like $15 pp . just google them.

try sunshine shuttle....I have used them several times, reliable prompt and reasonable too. Also heard a lot of good things about SAS.

Also check your roll call and see if anyone else is arriving the same time and wants to split a shuttle with you.

Most shuttle companies are cheaper than a Taxi and may even offer online discounts if you pre-book.

In sept I uses SAS to get to the port for $15 each. Didnt realize they were total jerks and wouldn't let me make a return reservation over the phone so I had to take a taxi on the way back. It was around $75.

Howdy,

You must email them ahead.

It is a contract restriction put on 'shuttle' services so they

do not compete directly with 'taxis', which as you discovered,

you can simply phone up.

SAS is great if you know to arrange round trip ahead...and

don't make a $75 mistake (called a 10-T error in the IT world).

You have been briefed!

Maxx out.

:cool:

In sept I uses SAS to get to the port for $15 each. Didnt realize they were total jerks and wouldn't let me make a return reservation over the phone so I had to take a taxi on the way back. It was around $75.

This seems really odd, as there has been so many positive reviews for SAS. I planned on using them for my upcoming cruise in December. How do people get back from the Miami port to the Fort Lauderdale airport, if we can't make a reservation to have them pick us up going back?

Updated - looks like Maxx provided an answer to my question. Time for me to book ahead of time :).

Why wouldnt they let you make reservations over the phone? Did they insist you make them online?

What were the circumstances?

Bill

We only booked them from Ft Lauderdale to Miami, when asked if he would pick us up after the cruise, the driver, very friendly and actually gave us some great info on where to eat in Miami, said that we would have to call his office. Called right from the van and reservation was confirmed. We got off the ship very early because we had an early flight, they were waiting for us at 8am.

I would highly recommend them, very professional and safe drivers.

:):):)

We used SAS last year and will do so again this year! I called as we were in the luggage area at the airport and they were waiting for us when we got outside and the same thing after the cruise - called as we were walking down the ramp and they were waiting for us!

Archived