Independence to go back to US from Winter 2012-3

gooners1968

Just read on facebook that Indie is to go back to the States from Winter 2012-3.I have noticed an awful of discounting on cruises this Winter,maybe that's the reason?

Personally,I would never had gone from Southampton in the winter-too cold,I prefer to fly to the sun!! Wonder if we will get a smaller ship to replace her?

Just read on facebook that Indie is to go back to the States from Winter 2012-3.I have noticed an awful of discounting on cruises this Winter,maybe that's the reason?

Personally,I would never had gone from Southampton in the winter-too cold,I prefer to fly to the sun!! Wonder if we will get a smaller ship to replace her?

Yes she is going back 22nd November 2012 for the winter to Fort Lauderdale.

I dont think they will replace her with a smaller ship.

Why do you want another ship, you stated you do not cruise from there in the winter?

I hope they do a lot of retraining when it goes home to America. The standards on this ship have entered freefall. We sailed on her early 2010, and again march 2011, I thought I was on the wrong ship in 2011, the food and service were terrible, but nowhere near as bad as the performance of the management team. The words "drink & brewery spring to mind. I have just received my new copy of the Berlitz Guide to Cruising 2012, Royal Caribbean have received the worst marks for both food and service of any of the large cruise lines, which is a shame as we used to enjoy Royal Caribbean Cruises attaining Diamond + level in their Crown & Anchor society. I am sticking to Celebrity from now on.

Even with the discounting the daily rates are higher than they will get in the Caribbean and they have two more tranastlantics which are low revenue earners.

So for Winter in the UK they may use one of the Sunshine Ships LOL ... :eek:

Or if the weather forecasts are to be believed, we may need an ice-breaker ship. Didn't the Royal Navy recently get rid of the HMS Endurance recently?.

ScrozUK

Archived