What can we order that's not on menu?

pbs14

You used to be able to get cappuccino at no charge in the MDR, which isn't on the menu. Is that still the case?

Cappuccino and Espresso are still available free-of-charge in the MDR for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. (At least as of September on the Imagination)

Wondering what items we can order that are not on the MDR menu?

I've read on here that even though the shrimp cocktail is not on the menu, you can order it every night. (I'm allergic to shelfish, so no biggie for me, but I know some people really love it.)

On our cruise, i love, Love, LOVED the spaghetti carbonera and commented to our waiter how good it was and was asking if it was available any other nights, he said to stop at the hostess desk and let them know I wanted it and they would try to make it for me the last sea day. Wasn't sure what my chances were but they did and oh it was so good. Also had the mac & cheese a few nights and a banana split for dessert and it was actually kids sized so it was perfect for me.

This may sound silly but I am not a dessert person so I don't know. But what is actually on the banana split that you guys get off the kids menu? It actually sounds like a good option to me....not that I need desert but what the heck.

I haven't had a Carnival one, but generally, they split a banana, add 3 scoops of ice cream, toppings (caramel sauce, chocolate sauce, fruit sauce) whipped cream nuts & a marischino cherry.

I haven't had a Carnival one, but generally, they split a banana, add 3 scoops of ice cream, toppings (caramel sauce, chocolate sauce, fruit sauce) whipped cream nuts & a marischino cherry.

I'm pretty sure there wasn't fruit topping on mine, but not sure if my sweet hubby ordered it that way.

Hey everyone! We cruise in 9 days on the Carnival Dream. Wondering what items we can order that are not on the MDR menu??

What's your favorite, not to miss food??

Hoping Creme Brule is available every night (although I know it's on the menu only 1 night)???

Thanks!!

HAPPY CRUISING!

My wife & I & a couple of friends were on the Dream in Feb.2011 we had creme brule on the first night & my wife asked if she would be able to request it for another night later in the cruise, our waiter asked if she would like it every night, each night he brought us all creme brule

My wife & I & a couple of friends were on the Dream in Feb.2011 we had creme brule on the first night & my wife asked if she would be able to request it for another night later in the cruise, our waiter asked if she would like it every night, each night he brought us all creme brule

OMG! You made my day!!! Thanks!! I will ask for sure!!!!:D

This may sound silly but I am not a dessert person so I don't know. But what is actually on the banana split that you guys get off the kids menu? It actually sounds like a good option to me....not that I need desert but what the heck.

I get it once or twice on each cruise...its a mini banana split. Half of a banana split, choc, vanilla and strawberry ice cream, choc sauce, whipped cream and a cherry. It really is the perfect amount and size!

I've been asked by Filipino waiters if I wanted any Filipino food (obviously not on the menu). They must make it in the kitchen regularly since there is so much Filipino staff on ships. I guess it didn't hurt that I am Filipino-American haha. They probably don't bother asking other people since it's not too popular among Americans like other Asian cuisine.

I've been asked by Filipino waiters if I wanted any Filipino food (obviously not on the menu). They must make it in the kitchen regularly since there is so much Filipino staff on ships. I guess it didn't hurt that I am Filipino-American haha. They probably don't bother asking other people since it's not too popular among Americans like other Asian cuisine.

oh wow! I'd gladly have some pancit or chicken adobo on my next cruise if they had it!!!

We were able to get the escargot on a non-escargot night for our table of 6 (before 2nd formal night) to the envy of those around us....asked the waiter - who asked the assistant maitre d - who came over and asked 'how many'!

I hope ours is as accomodating. We once asked about keylime pie after enjoying it so much, and to our amazement the next night a whole pie with a recipe was sent by the chef!

I sure hope our next cruise MDR maitre'd is as accomodating, I may ask when he is not as busy for an upcoming night. Not to mention the creme brulee...

Archived