Pacific Sun Indonesian cruise 30th August- 11 September- Been and done it

oysterfiend

We Had a good cruise,

Especially enjoyed seeing the Komodo Dragons,

Some of the entertainment a bit lame (especially the older Aussie Male comedian who's jokes were NOT FUNNY and SEXIST and bordering on filth)

and outdated, but the younger comedians Fish and The mad kiwi guy were extremely good as was the hypnotist.

Enjoyed Kalbarri Wild flowers.

Broome Taste tour a bit of a let down, too much eating and not enough touring,

Lombok- pretty intense and Gilis Island trip - too rushed as we had unnecessary morning tea stop for purpose of hawkers -me thinks??

Bali- we had a good rural tour but but both had Diaoreah for 5 days afterwards.

We enjoyed being on the Pacific Sun better this time- being on her for the 2nd time as we knew what to expect.

I missed there not being any Art Auctions- unlike many people I actually enjoyed going to Art auctions.

Western Australia is a long way from anywhere and definitely has a different feel to it from Eastern Australia.

I am glad we went- we stayed on a further couple of weeks- our total time in Western and South Australia including the cruise about 1 month.

Enjoyed our trip to Pinnacles and Monkey Mia.

Don't stop at the OVERLANDER truck stop on way to Monkey MIA - IT is a rip- off in the very worst ways possible.

It sounds like most (but definitely not all!) of your cruise was great. I wonder if the older Aussie male comedian goes by the name of Ugly Dave? He's been on both of our cruises in the last three years. What amazed me though, was that there was still an audience for his style of humour. :rolleyes:

I'd love to see the dragons too. It's one cruise that we'll do one day, just preferably not on the Sun!

It sounds like most (but definitely not all!) of your cruise was great. I wonder if the older Aussie male comedian goes by the name of Ugly Dave? He's been on both of our cruises in the last three years. What amazed me though, was that there was still an audience for his style of humour. :rolleyes:

I'd love to see the dragons too. It's one cruise that we'll do one day, just preferably not on the Sun!

Yes it was UGLY DAVE and I thought he was awlful.

I am not a prude and don't mind adult humour if it is funny but his certainly wasn't.

If that is all P&O can get they are surely scrapping the barrel.

I also wondered why people laughed.

The Sun was okay as we knew what to expect and we got a reasonable price (not great) but reasonable for the cruise. We booked about 12-18 months out as My husband has to put in for leave as far out as possible in his job.

Wow, so he's still going! He's been around for ever! I remember watching him on Blankety Blanks with Graham Kennedy many, many years ago. He wasn't too bad then, but as it was on TV he would have had to tone it down a bit.

We're a bit luckier than you, in that we can both get leave approved at short notice fairly easily. We've been able to take advantage of the great prices at the moment, and have just booked a 10 night cruise on Pacific Pearl to NZ, leaving on 27 Nov. We told the kids last night, and they were jumping around the room in excitement. We're really looking forward to seeing a little bit of your part of the world! I just hope Ugly Dave isn't coming too! :rolleyes:

Wow, so he's still going! He's been around for ever! I remember watching him on Blankety Blanks with Graham Kennedy many, many years ago. He wasn't too bad then, but as it was on TV he would have had to tone it down a bit.

We're a bit luckier than you, in that we can both get leave approved at short notice fairly easily. We've been able to take advantage of the great prices at the moment, and have just booked a 10 night cruise on Pacific Pearl to NZ, leaving on 27 Nov. We told the kids last night, and they were jumping around the room in excitement. We're really looking forward to seeing a little bit of your part of the world! I just hope Ugly Dave isn't coming too! :rolleyes:

I can't wait until we are pensioners , and sold the accommodation business and we can take advantage of all the good deals that come up at short notice, unfortunately the way this GOVT is going we will still be working at 67 years and some.

I can't wait until we are pensioners , and sold the accommodation business and we can take advantage of all the good deals that come up at short notice, unfortunately the way this GOVT is going we will still be working at 67 years and some.

I don't think it matters which major party is in charge oyster...Howard raised the retirement age and indeed wanted it to go into the 70's...both sides of politics want us all working till we drop, that is, unless you are fortunate enough to earn enough to be able to retire off your own bat before then. Of course, with so many cruises to go on, it will take a truck load of cash for me to able to retire on comfortably before I'm 70!! :eek::D

I don't think it matters which major party is in charge oyster...Howard raised the retirement age and indeed wanted it to go into the 70's...both sides of politics want us all working till we drop, that is, unless you are fortunate enough to earn enough to be able to retire off your own bat before then. Of course, with so many cruises to go on, it will take a truck load of cash for me to able to retire on comfortably before I'm 70!! :eek::D

Because we love cruising we have to work,

If we weren't working we would get cheaper cruises,

but we would still be poor and staying at home:D

Can't Bl..dy win can we:confused:

Because we love cruising we have to work,

If we weren't working we would get cheaper cruises,

but we would still be poor and staying at home:D

Can't Bl..dy win can we:confused:

I know!! :( Life's unfair!! :D Surely there's a way to be paid for going cruising other than being a TA or a critic?!? :D

Oh poor Ugly Dave Gray, I think he's hilarious. He also does the Princess ships as well and half emptied the theatre on the Sapphire Princess on our trip.. The second time he come on the theatre was only quarter full and he said, "If I had known there were this many coming, I could have held the show in my cabin":D

Oh poor Ugly Dave Gray, I think he's hilarious. He also does the Princess ships as well and half emptied the theatre on the Sapphire Princess on our trip.. The second time he come on the theatre was only quarter full and he said, "If I had known there were this many coming, I could have held the show in my cabin":D

i would have laughed at this one! It's just some of his other jokes I find a bit hard to take. :rolleyes:

I didnt find Dave overly Ugly or Funny. Sad. Not funny. Must have been on 4 cruises where he was on. I saw him the first time and thought he was not that good. Have not not gone to another of he shows, bar seeing him on the first night taster.

Still, he wasn't as bad as the guy on the Dawn Princess, he started telling jokes about the war and got lots of (genuine) applause and cheers when made comments about us winning (note to self, im about 40 years too young for that crowd).

Sounds like a good cruise.

Glad you had a good time! we did this cruise a while back.

By the way the old Bali Belly gets most on their first trip,you have to wash your hands with wipes or aquium gel every time you touch anything!

We go to Bali quite often and have never had bali belly since we started with the aquium gel,we even wipe cutlery with mediswabs.

a great change to the usual south pacific thought and the komodo dragons is a once in a life time.

Den

Glad you had a good time! we did this cruise a while back.

By the way the old Bali Belly gets most on their first trip,you have to wash your hands with wipes or aquium gel every time you touch anything!

We go to Bali quite often and have never had bali belly since we started with the aquium gel,we even wipe cutlery with mediswabs.

a great change to the usual south pacific thought and the komodo dragons is a once in a life time.

Den

We have been before and were very careful but I put it down to something we ate on tour. We also use hand gel all the time.

It happens and there were plenty of others on board in same position.

Drinking less alcohol helps.:D

We had diostop and took that . Just don't go to medical centre for something you can fix yourselves as some people did. They were quarantined.

We went back to the Gilis not long after the Bali cruise and spent a week on Gili Trawangan it was fantastic.

Just noticed the Mexican Riviera cruise on your signature,we have booked this cruise for June! How was it, how was the Splendor compared to P&O ships?

Den

We went back to the Gilis not long after the Bali cruise and spent a week on Gili Trawangan it was fantastic.

Just noticed the Mexican Riviera cruise on your signature,we have booked this cruise for June! How was it, how was the Splendor compared to P&O ships?

Den

We didn't get to Mexico because of SWINE FLU- just parked outside Cabos San Lucas, then went to Santa Barbara and San Francisco.

But following year 2010 we spent 1 month in MEXICO 2 weeks Puerto Vallarta , 1 week Xtapa, 1 week Acapulco- 4 weeks timeshare- Fantastic.

Beaches aren't as nice as on Yucatan but MORE a Mexican flavour.

:)Splendor, Cheaper, newer and CHEAP BALCONIES!!!:D

Not in the same hunt-

Mass American MKT (They can be a bit painful)

Many Really Big people (some whingers but Aussies and kiwis can whinge To) at the buffet but who cares when you can get a balcony so cheap:confused:

:)Splendor, Cheaper, newer and CHEAP BALCONIES!!!:D

Not in the same hunt-

Mass American MKT (They can be a bit painful)

Many Really Big people (some whingers but Aussies and kiwis can whinge To) at the buffet but who cares when you can get a balcony so cheap:confused:

Sorry to de rail your original:p

We chose a balcony on Splendor at the port rear on Empress deck next to the wrap around balcony Its a bit of a weird shaped cabin but the balcony is double the size of a standard at a standard price @ $900US each for a 7 night cruise on an extended balcony in peak season was a bargain plus with the price match guarantee if it goes down in price i get the difference in OBC:D

No wonder carnival is sending The Spirit down under have you seen the balcony prices compared to when it sails in America:eek:

Den

Sorry to de rail your original:p

We chose a balcony on Splendor at the port rear on Empress deck next to the wrap around balcony Its a bit of a weird shaped cabin but the balcony is double the size of a standard at a standard price @ $900US each for a 7 night cruise on an extended balcony in peak season was a bargain plus with the price match guarantee if it goes down in price i get the difference in OBC:D

No wonder carnival is sending The Spirit down under have you seen the balcony prices compared to when it sails in America:eek:

Den

Yes prices are outrageous- That is why we are doing it from Honolulu to Sydney. 17 night cruise way cheaper than if we booked through any other cruise line. And we have a balcony near aft but not AFT.

We have an inside cruise Booked on Dawn Princess 5 nights April 23, 2013 Tasmania, (NOT CHEAP compared to Carnival and inside but only 5 nights)

and One pre -paid $100 certificate to be used on P&O and then I think it will be cruising around the States for us on Carnival.

Just have to do around Australia by land etc which works out better anyhow.

Carnival is about the only cruise line that we can book through our own TA at the same US prices - bar the currency conversion.

Archived