Marijuana tourist says Belize sucks

wadethegringo

A cruise ship passenger who was in the jewel on a one day visit had a brush with the law after he was busted with weed on Tuesday. When he was arraigned this morning, the forty-nine year US national Douglas Magnuson, a trucker of Wisconsin admitted that it was a really stupid and silly thing to do. Magnuson told the court that he is in recovery as an alcoholic and that he does not even smoke but that a buddy asked him to get the local weed. Magistrate Roberto Ordonez imposed a fine of two hundred and fifty dollars which Magnuson paid up. He promptly exited the courtroom and got into a taxi heading to the port to get back on a ship. His impression was that Belize sucks and he is never coming back. Magnuson was searched at the Tourism Village and found with the two point five grams of weed.

Channel 5

http://edition.channel5belize.com/archives/62432

A cruise ship passenger who was in the jewel on a one day visit had a brush with the law after he was busted with weed on Tuesday. When he was arraigned this morning, the forty-nine year US national Douglas Magnuson, a trucker of Wisconsin admitted that it was a really stupid and silly thing to do. Magnuson told the court that he is in recovery as an alcoholic and that he does not even smoke but that a buddy asked him to get the local weed. Magistrate Roberto Ordonez imposed a fine of two hundred and fifty dollars which Magnuson paid up. He promptly exited the courtroom and got into a taxi heading to the port to get back on a ship. His impression was that Belize sucks and he is never coming back. Magnuson was searched at the Tourism Village and found with the two point five grams of weed.

You can't fix stupid.

Just followed your link and was reading the comments the people in Belize left and how they feel about Americans. Wow, lots of love there : )

Its not how they feel about Americans, its how they feel about dumb people in general.

I am sure that if I got arrested in MCO for drugs, I would have the communities support.

Living in Belize, If I was arrested for drugs, I would spend a min of 24 hours in jail. This guy was rushed thru and able to resume his cruise.

The point I was making that the tourist felt he had the right to break the law and the country was in the wrong for enforcing the law.

I agree this guy is a moron. I do not use drugs and think he should have not gotten off with such a small fine.

Nope, you would not have any support if you came to MCO and were arrested for drugs. My point was this though. In 29 posts, I was able to see that Americans were called molesters, tacky, cheap, all Americans feel like they are untouchable, freaks, and because the color of their skin Americans think they can run the world. I doubt you would hear that though. In my mind it is silly to classify an entire nation based on the action of this moron. Your article and point was to show that this guy is silly to say Belize sucks because of this one interaction, that was his own fault. Yet, the 29 posters did the same thing, and classified all Americans.

I for one, don't use drugs, molest, nor am I a freak. My family does not feel like our skin color allows us to run the world (we are not all one color) and we don't feel like we are untouchable. I'm not tacky and I am not cheap. I usually try to help out local charities when I visit places and spend my money. I will try to keep my standards the same and hope the people I meet in my travels see we are not all the same.

Archived