Is 2:45pm a good time to fly out after cruise

Airfare is really driving me crazy and I'm trying to figure out our best options. I thinking I may need 2-3 days before the cruise just in case something goes wrong but then am also looking at whether to fly home the day the cruise ends. 11:40am is definitely too early but as I need 2-3 legs in each direction, my options are a little more limited unless I spend the night somewhere.

This list displays the port first and the recommended outbound flight time for the closest airports.

From Carnival's FAQ:

Recommended times for outbound air flights.

Anchorage - earliest return flight after 11:00 AM

Baltimore - earliest return flight after 2:30PM

Charleston - earliest return flight after 11:05AM

Ensenada - earliest return flight after 11:30 AM for San Diego; 1:30 PM for Los Angeles International

Ft. Lauderdale - earliest return flight after 11:30 AM for Ft. Lauderdale; 12:00 PM for Miami International

Galveston (Houston Hobby or George Bush Intercontinental Airports)- earliest return flight after 1:30 PM

Honolulu - earliest return flight after 11:30 AM

Jacksonville - earliest return flight after 11:00 AM

Los Angeles - earliest return flight after 12:30 PM for Los Angeles International; 1:30 PM for John Wayne-Santa Ana/Orange County

Miami - earliest return flight after 11:30 AM for Miami; 12:00 PM for Ft. Lauderdale

Mobile - earliest return flight after 11:30 AM

New Orleans - earliest return flight after 11:30 AM

New York – Earliest return flights out of Newark, John F. Kennedy or LaGuardia Airports after 1:00 PM

Port Canaveral – Earliest return flight after 12:00 PM for Orlando and Melbourne Airports for 3 & 4 day cruises, 1:00pm for 7 day cruises

Rome - earliest return flight after 9:30 AM

San Diego - earliest return flight after 11:30 AM

San Juan - earliest return flight after 12:00 PM

Seattle - earliest return flight after 11:45AM

Tampa - earliest return flight after 11:30 AM

Vancouver - earliest return flight after 11:30 AM

If you're asking about your Liberty cruise, are you flying out of MIA?

If so, you should have no problem with 11:40am flight.

Probably would be okay with a flight out of FLL, but I would do self-debark with that one.

Good luck and have a great cruise!!

Airfare is really driving me crazy and I'm trying to figure out our best options. I thinking I may need 2-3 days before the cruise just in case something goes wrong but then am also looking at whether to fly home the day the cruise ends. 11:40am is definitely too early but as I need 2-3 legs in each direction, my options are a little more limited unless I spend the night somewhere.

2:45 should be just fine. The earlier flight might be cutting it a bit close unless you self debark.

:)

2:45 is extremely safe.

Thanks. Yes we would be flying out of Miami, but as we are flying to Canada, I figured the 11:40am may be a bit tight even though it is cheaper at the moment.

My daughter and I were on the Destiny in Dec. '09, and we booked a flight for 1:30pm thinking that would give us enough time 'just in case'...we were off the ship by 8:15am (docked at 7am and did self disembark), and at the airport before 9am.

Then we get word the plane was delayed, and we didn't fly out until 4:10pm !! and we missed our connecting flight in Minneapolis ! Southwest got us onto a later connecting flight (since it was their issue in the first place), and we didn't get back home until well after 11:30pm. Made for an extremely long day.

Personally, I would book the earlier flight (11:40am?), but it depends on your docking time, and clearing customs with no issue.

Where in Canada are you flying into ?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived