Rainy day?

Bananas27

The weather was bad during one of our visits. Our catamaran trip was cancelled due to the marina being closed, but the Tucan's captain suggested we take a taxi to the other side of the island where it would be much calmer. We did that and had a nice day at the beach.

I'm not sure how you'll know upon arrival how the other side of the island is, but you might ask a local if it's raining.

The day we were there it rained very hard. The downtown streets flood quickly, but I think they also drain quickly. What we experienced was that the weather can change quickly, for better or worse, and may vary across the island. We were shopping when it started raining so we stayed a little longer in the stores and popped into a small restaurant. It was still raining when we decided to proceed with our plans to snorkel. By the time we got to the Money Bar it had stopped raining and the sun was coming out.

As long as there's not lightning snorkeling is a good activity when it's raining. The fish are actually more active when it rains (I've been told).

Archived