Travel Insurance Claim

jeanlyon

Hi - just returned from Arcadia's US/Canada cruise and unfortunately was ill for the last 4 days with diverticulitis. My bill for intravenous antibiotics etc. and doctors, nurses was nearly £1000. Travel insurance company has been great and have paid the bill with very little trouble on my part apart from filling in all the forms and sending copies of bills.

Insurance Choice - very good indeed. We both have medical conditions.

Jean

Hi - just returned from Arcadia's US/Canada cruise and unfortunately was ill for the last 4 days with diverticulitis. My bill for intravenous antibiotics etc. and doctors, nurses was nearly £1000. Travel insurance company has been great and have paid the bill with very little trouble on my part apart from filling in all the forms and sending copies of bills.

Insurance Choice - very good indeed. We both have medical conditions.

Jean

Good to hear a good news story about insurance. Hope you're feeling better now. Out of interest, what company did you use?

Hi jeanlyon - I sufferred that about 10 years ago and I therefore know how excruciating the pain is. Ever since I have carried antibiotics prescribed by the doctor. I have had it re-occur about six times over the years but I can recognise the symptoms immediately. It comes on very fast. It then requires only about 1 to 3 tablets to get rid of it without much discomfort. When the date on the tablets show they have expired I re-new them. Hope Devon is looking good. I was brought up in Tavistock and spend much time there even though I don't live there now.

That's excellent Jean - and I hope you're feeling much better now.

We had to cancel a week in Corfu in September because I suddenly developed severe Achilles Tendonitis - I still have it unfortunately - and our insurance, which is free from our bank, paid up the full £2,300 within a week.It makes you realise just how important good insurance cover is.

Hi the company was Insurance Choice.

We loved Arcadia, having been on Azura the year before, which we didn't like and Artemis twice before that. Loved her open decks and wide Prom Deck. No problems with sunbeds, great service. Didn't feel crowded like Azura. We also liked Artemis, but liked Arcadia better. We did States/Canada and there was as wide range of age groups, so don't believe what you read about zimmer frames everywhere :-)

RjChatsworth - yes the pain is indescribable. I did have Ciprofloxacin with me, but as I had never used ABs before for the condition, wasn't sure when to take it. Usually the symptomsm are relieved for me with mbeverine. By the time we left St Johns, the pain suddenly was so bad that I couldn't touch my stomach on the left side. I didn't want to start the ABs without a doctor. The ships doctor gave me Flagyl and also Augmentin, so two totally different ones. I was then allergic to the Flagyl and felt worse than I did when I had the pain. LOL

Devon is wonderful thanks! We are in Modbury

jeanlyon - it's Augmentin I carry everywhere and find it works wonders. Thanks also for your comments on Arcadia. I'm sure it'll be OK and different from the twice we went on it and were put off by things like, to name but two, the cinema was a pull up screen in a conference room with hard cafe-type chairs, and a Captain's Welcoming Party in an sweaty indoor swimming pool when one was all dressed up!

RJC - thanks for that. I am going to ask my doc for Augmentin. Grateful for the info.

Well, err emm, yes Captains Party is still in the sweaty indoor swimming area and the cinema is still hopeless, but we enjoyed everything else :-)

. My bill for intravenous antibiotics etc. and doctors, nurses was nearly £1000. Travel insurance company has been great and have paid the bill with very little trouble on my part apart from filling in all the forms and sending copies of bills.

Jean

Jean, interesting to hear of an insurance company paying up!!

Did you declare this precondition when you took out the insurance?

David.

Archived