ok I know I posted this before (this am)

iluvdoxies

And I cant find it now.

My question is we downgraded on the TA nex Apr from a suite to a balcony cabin --BIG price difference.

It's on the Sun and I've seen the balcony cabins and they seem to be fine.

Dont really need a butler on that sailing and the $$ saved will more than pay for our shore exc.

Do you think I will regret it ?

We crossed the Atlantic on the Sun April 2009 or 10 in a balcony room, quite comfortable for us. I would rather spend the extra on tours and wine but I am frugal. This cruise took place during the Icelandic Volcano eruption and we had a great group of passengers from Europe, delighted to be heading home. I have looked at this crossing for spring but prefer to end up in England.

Myself, I would. It is a matter of preference. I would rather spend extra on a suite and perks than on organized excursions. We like to walk the safe ports ourselves. Perhaps the only exception was the Antarctic landing which was once-in-a-lifetime and was about the cost of a cruise itself. But i had to bite the bullet on that one.

I love the suite life. I am very frugal in my day to day life so I save up for the type of vaca I want. But what is important to me might not be to you.

If I already had a suite booked, I seriously don't think I could downgrade myself.

Don't get me wrong, I have only sailed in balconies on NCL ships (my first suite experience won't be until next Sept) and my cruises have all been excellent.

But once you have been pampered in a suite, I can't imagine how difficult it will be to go back...actually I will have to face that difficulty but I'm trying not to think about it.... :o

Don't do it. Keep your suite.

If I already had a suite booked, I seriously don't think I could downgrade myself.

Don't get me wrong, I have only sailed in balconies on NCL ships (my first suite experience won't be until next Sept) and my cruises have all been excellent.

But once you have been pampered in a suite, I can't imagine how difficult it will be to go back...actually I will have to face that difficulty but I'm trying not to think about it.... :o

Don't do it. Keep your suite.

Well its 18,000 vs 7,000 so we made the switch. Just couldnt justify 18,000.

I'll be very interested to know how much you use your balcony. I have only one experience in crossing the Atlantic and it was in May of 1968. It was quite cold, and windy, but that was out on the open decks. There were no balcony cabins. If anyone has already crossed in a balcony or suite with balcony, please tell us what it was like. It may make a difference to the OP. Thanks.

Archived