What give's on the DAWN

CSRAJ81

:confused:What give's on the Dawn? Two dead people as it docked in Boston, a woman in her 60's and a male in his 20's in different cabins. This is the fourth time i heard of people passing away on this ship. First time i sailed on her in 2004 a rather young man collasped on deck 12 and died just as the cruise was on it's 3rd day out, couple of years ago a woman fell into the ocean and was never found and now this. To eerie for me :eek: Watch channel 2 new's for the story

The 67 year old woman died of natural causes (terminal illness). There's been no followup report as to the cause of death of the young man.

Personally, I think the headline is dreadful journalism.

NCL Dawn was our first cruise and favorite ship after being on 9 cruises so far-been on her 3 times and would go again in a second (if I could afford 2 cruises a year (just got off Jewel last week) :D

Condolences to families :(

Our cruise on the Westerdam last year we dropped off one body in Aruba and came back with 3 that had passed away on the way back to Fort Lauderdale. There is an older demographic on Holland America and it happens. Very sad for the families but people die every day. There are hundreds of thousands of people who cruise every year the death rate is very low. This has nothing to do with ships other than it makes for a nasty headline.

Back in 2001, my Mother was terminally ill with cancer. I had booked a cruise with her, as she loved it. It was obvious to me she should not make the trip, but, she said she wanted to. It was an 11 day cruise, and she only left the suite twice, and was pretty non responsive the rest of the trip. We got back on Christmas eve, and she passed on Christmas day. I would do the trip the same way again. Fortunately, a friend of hers came along, and the two of us cared for her. In her rational moments, she was so happy to be cruising.

For anyone in this type of situation, I say do what your loved one wants. Insure you have the best insurance, the supplies needed to care for someone bed ridden, and lots of love.

Al

Back in 2001, my Mother was terminally ill with cancer. I had booked a cruise with her, as she loved it. It was obvious to me she should not make the trip, but, she said she wanted to. It was an 11 day cruise, and she only left the suite twice, and was pretty non responsive the rest of the trip. We got back on Christmas eve, and she passed on Christmas day. I would do the trip the same way again. Fortunately, a friend of hers came along, and the two of us cared for her. In her rational moments, she was so happy to be cruising.

For anyone in this type of situation, I say do what your loved one wants. Insure you have the best insurance, the supplies needed to care for someone bed ridden, and lots of love.

Al

Al, your story really touched me. I could only hope and pray that my own children would be as kind and loving as you. I would feel the same as your Mom, if I was on my way out, I would like to enjoy every last moment. God bless you and your Mom, and her friend.

Robin

They fell overboard after being struck in the face by erroneous apostrophes used by people who think an apostrophe is actually a warning that means "LOOK OUT, HERE COMES AN S!"

In all seriousness, I don't think the Dawn had anything to do with these two unfortunate but unrelated incidents, and the headline is sensationalism at its finest.

Boston news stations are treating this like it's out of the ordinary when it really isn't. I worked on ships and this happens. The only reason we heard anything about it is because a 23 year old was involved and there was an investigation. If it was just the older woman I guarantee we would have no idea.

There is really nothing strange in hearing that 2 people died on their cruise. Many are older people with terminal illnesses and it happens. As for the younger fella, they haven't really said what was his cause of death. Unfortunately, it will happen to all of us one day. If My time comes, this would be a great way for me to go as I love to Cruise. I would have died doing what I loved up to the last minute. My deepest Sympathy and prayers to both families. God Bless Them Both. IKE

With regards the older lady; it's the demographic of cruising, with such older people who seem to get carried away and enjoy the cruise so much that its inevitable. Not having someone pass away on a cruise is the exception rather then the rule.

A good way to go, if I may say so myself. If you've had a good innings, lived a good life and your family have a death certificate 'Onboard xx ship in position xx lat xx lon', they'll be the talk for generations of family to come.

For the younger guy, will be interesting to see what happened, and our thoughts are with his family.

Al[/quote

Al, that was such a wonderful thing to do. Knew there is something special about you and Donna. We all wish we have family who cares like you do.

I don't think these events only happen on th Dawn, they just don't get as sensationalized. We love the Dawn, been on her at least 6 times and was actually there when poor Mindy fell overboard. Cruised on the Dawn several times after and will not hesitate to do so if she leaves out of NY again.

They fell overboard after being struck in the face by erroneous apostrophes used by people who think an apostrophe is actually a warning that means "LOOK OUT, HERE COMES AN S!"

In all seriousness, I don't think the Dawn had anything to do with these two unfortunate but unrelated incidents, and the headline is sensationalism at its finest.

:) Now, now,now,.......

Sensationalism is the norm these days.

been off the sun for 1 week .the food was not great quality ,powdered eggs ,not all beef anything and the worst turkey loaf ,not roast turkey, 2 slices white and 1 slice of dark over 1 scoop of poor qualty stove top stuffing. add 1 oz gravy. I could send it back and wait another hour for something else. I also got sick from bad oysters in steakhouse. At least I am alive.never again

Archived