Red Sea Magic

Hi, Have just booked Red Sea Magic cruise for early March 2012. The main reason is to visit Petra. Have been to Luxor and Cairo so do not want to go on these excursions. Can anyone suggest what is the best alternatives when in the ports for these destinations.

Thanks

Thanks Linda Stay on the ship in preference to Hurgada?? Is there nothing else ? Does not seem to be anything in the Ports of call on Thomson Website...any chance of anything in the trips detailed when on the ship ? Never normally stay on the ship when docked for 2 days...At least there should not be a rush for sun beds

Well, I'd recommend the submarine trip. if it is possible to do that independently. Hurghada is not far from Safaga.

Petra is wonderful, quite hard work walking back up again, there are horse drawn buggies, but make sure you have Jordanian money. We didn't take enough so had to walk back.

From Port Sokhna there is a hotel and beach trip, with snorkelling, if you fancy that.

This is a link to the trips

http://www.thomson.co.uk/editorial/editorial-downloads/Red%20Sea%20Magic_jan09.pdf

It's nearly 4 years since we went, so perhaps someone who had been more recently, could give you some tips:)

Hi Linda, How much Jordanian money so you need to be sure that you have enough for the horse back from Petra. Do you been Jordanian money for anything else other than tips etc Can you get the currency on the ship or is it better to get at TA before departure?

Thanks

hi we are going on red sea magic in dec i am also interested in how much jordanian currency to take with me & also how much egyptian money i would need because im doing a cruise and stay going all inclusive but its nice to have a good idea how much

you would need

Hi Linda, How much Jordanian money so you need to be sure that you have enough for the horse back from Petra. Do you been Jordanian money for anything else other than tips etc Can you get the currency on the ship or is it better to get at TA before departure?

Thanks

Sorry, I can't remember how much the carriages cost, as I said. it was a while ago. We changed some money on the ship, but bought baseball hats and so didn't have enough for the carriage. ( I lost my hat before I got back to the ship:mad:)

Archived