Beginner's Scuba Diving in P.V.

Wennfred

Puerto Vallarta has a Beginners Scuba Diving excursion. Was wondering if anyone has gone on this excursion, would like to hear from non-scuba certified people that have been on this one. This would be my Wife first Scuba experience and I dont want her to freak out.

Puerto Vallarta has a Beginners Scuba Diving excursion. Was wondering if anyone has gone on this excursion, would like to hear from non-scuba certified people that have been on this one. This would be my Wife first Scuba experience and I dont want her to freak out.

Diving in PV is marginal at best - I'd recommend doing an intro course in Cabo - vis wil be a lot better. The Marietas in summer, where NO dive op will take a beginner, has the best vis in PV. Los Arcos and other shallow dive sites in Bandaras Bay (in PV) at best have 50 ft. vis. Better yet, save your $$$ for the Caribbean or Hawaii!

We frequently dive along the Pacific Coast of Mexico - Huatulco (south of Acapulco) is by far the best on the Pacific side. There's great spear ishing to be had in PV - yummy lobster. But for recreational diving, Cabo is by far a lot better (although pricier).

Archived