half moon cay cabanas

dennis36nc

I know that if you have a cabana booked and HMC is cancelled due to the weather, you will receive a refund. However, what if you are on the island sitting in your cabana and after an hour or two the weather turns bad. Everyone is then told to return to the ship. Is there any compensation given for a "partial rental"?

Thanks for your help

Toni :)

I dont know for sure but I would think that it would depend on the ship and other factors. Maybe at least a part of a refund or shipboard credit would be appropiate :)

Majika, I think its possible, right down to the last minute even. We have heard of others canceling that morning :) But it all depends on what actually happens on your cruise, I wouldnt give up hope yet :)

When I booked the pink one just last week, the only one that was taken was the green one, so if you're lucky you might just get something down at the end of the beach where I am (terracotta, yellow, or purple). :)

Are you booked for August 20th cruise?

Every school board/teachers union in the province is currently negotiating for a new collective agreement. We are in the middle of work-to-rule right now which is a partial withdrawl of services. If we aren't settled by the first of September, we will be in full strike mode...and no cruise for me. :(

Quote:"we are on a wait list for july 31st. anyone ever hear of people canceling their cabana?? or am I just having cabana dreams??"

No, but you can be kicked out of your reserved cabana if someone else reserved online EARLIER and something is wrong with theirs. It's first-come, first-served. Really disappointing if the tickets have already been delivered to you....

Penny

Dw and I have the Taupe Cabana and butler booked for our 4/23 Zuiderdam cruise and I was wondering from where or from whom do we get the priority tender pass? Thanks, Joe V.
They will be delivered to your stateroom with other info for the cabana :)

Quote:"we are on a wait list for july 31st. anyone ever hear of people canceling their cabana?? or am I just having cabana dreams??"

No, but you can be kicked out of your reserved cabana if someone else reserved online EARLIER and something is wrong with theirs. It's first-come, first-served. Really disappointing if the tickets have already been delivered to you....

Penny

Wow, I heard this done one other time but it was for someone who paid for the butler package, the people were told that pax with Butler packages have proirty because of what they paid.

But I dont think it happens that often, but if your the one time, its a bummer! Sorry this happened to you.

Every school board/teachers union in the province is currently negotiating for a new collective agreement. We are in the middle of work-to-rule right now which is a partial withdrawl of services. If we aren't settled by the first of September, we will be in full strike mode...and no cruise for me. :(

My daughter is a teacher, so I know the drill. I hope it all works out. You indicated that you are on the August 20th cruise. You would be back before September 1st, but I assume there are other considererations.

On the bright side, if everything works out, we will be in adjoining cabanas. I have booked the Green cabana.

Will you be drinking all your beer?

So YOU'RE the person who took my green cabana?! GRRRR! Just kidding of course, and actually I don't have the pink cabana any longer as I changed it this afternoon to the purple one...but I guess we're still close. I have been in contact with two gentlemen who have booked the sky blue cabana for the same cruise so it seems like things are filling up. :) And any beer I have is yours if you want it...although I don't usually get beer in my cooler. :D

Quote:Wow, I heard this done one other time but it was for someone who paid for the butler package, the people were told that pax with Butler packages have proirty because of what they paid.

But I dont think it happens that often, but if your the one time, its a bummer! Sorry this happened to you.

Thanks, Ziggy. My husband says to "get over it", but I was so disappointed...but we co-miserated over drinks in the "Never going home bar", if that's the correct name! I love HAL (over 100 days) but they didn't handle this incident very well. My TA sent my comments to HAL about the cancellation and we did get a credit on a future cruise. So the main office does respond. But it doesn't really make up for the let down. Your comments make me feel better, though. Thanks again. :)

Penny

Purple eh?

One must not forget that it was a gentleman from the States that let the Canuck from the North grab that Purple beauty. Now you will be even closer to us, and you can see the cards being dealt.

My gentlemanly swaft will surely end once the cards are dealt. What is your game of choice? Remember, gambling is legal on the island, do not bring any of your "funny" money!

Archived