Anyone Use Travelers Cheques Onboard Lately?

City_Woman

I didn't use them to pay my account, but did bring them in lieu of having to travel with large amounts of cash last cruise. It was very easy to cash them at Guest Services when I needed cash. No charge for this service.

I didn't use them to pay my account, but did bring them in lieu of having to travel with large amounts of cash last cruise. It was very easy to cash them at Guest Services when I needed cash. No charge for this service.

Thank you so very much. This is very good news for us!

Judy

City Woman,

Like everyone else we have never had a problem cashing travelers checks on board any ship.

However we live in a smaller city in Iowa and we only have a couple of places that make them available.

MSTS

Cashed in traveler's checks (VISA) for cash at guest services on the Infinity in September of this year. No charge, no problem. I know some people consider them outdated, but we still find them safer than carrying large quantities of cash and there are no ATM fees.

George +

I have always used Traveler's Checks but AAA will no longer sell them after December. In place of tc's, there will be a type of debit card, prepaid and loaded. As the years went by, fewer clerks even knew what tc's were! And while trying to redeposit unused tc's, the bank teller didn't know what to do with them. So, I will try to adapt and adjust to the new modern cards.

Archived