Please settle this

yaktheback

...but we are bringing on a corkscrew anyway.

Just be aware that there is a chance that they will confiscate your corkscrew if it's in your carry on stuff. When we bring one, we always place it in our checked luggage. There was ONE time that we had it, inadvertently, in our carry on bag and it was confiscated. We were told we could pick it up at the end of the cruise - but did not bother to do so.

I suppose we looked like people who would be dangerous with a corkscrew in hand... :rolleyes:

Tom

• 3 weeks later...

quick question...at the end of your cruise you are charged $10/person/day for gratuities on your cruise. Isn't this to avoid the hassle of getting ones out and tipping when your steward brings you something. I have 4 people for 7 days that is $280 I'm tipping at the end of the cruise. So, why tip during the cruise?

quick question...at the end of your cruise you are charged $11.50/person/day for gratuities on your cruise. Isn't this to avoid the hassle of getting ones out and tipping when your steward brings you something. I have 4 people for 7 days that is $280 I'm tipping at the end of the cruise. So, why tip during the cruise?

Fixed it for you.

Yes, however room service is not included in the $11.50

Last month we brought a bottle of wine from our cabin to the dining room. We opened it with a cork that our steward brought to us in our cabin. At dinner, we received a bottle of champagne from OCP. Although we shared both bottles with our friends at dinner, we could not finish both. We still had half a bottle of wine... They did not charge us the 10 dollar corkage fee but when we asked for them to hold it for the next night, they said there would be a fee to hold it... that's okay, we just took it back to our cabin, put it on ice ourself....

On our September cruise, we sailed with friends, bringing 4 bottles onboard (1 each, following rules). We brought all 4 bottles to the dining room (not on the same night)-- we were never charged corkage, and any wine left was saved for us for the next night at no charge.

We didn't have wine glasses in our cabin and I felt weird using the water goblets provided, so we brought our wine to the MDR. The head waiter told us that if the M'd asked, he'd have to charge us the corkage fee. We had no problem with that. Ultimately, we weren't charged, though.

Early in this thread it was quoted from Carnival Web Site that the soda you bring on board has to be carry-on. I have read from other CC people that they have put a luggage tag on cases and checked it in with the porter. Can anyone clarify?? We are going on the Valor.

Early in this thread it was quoted from Carnival Web Site that the soda you bring on board has to be carry-on. I have read from other CC people that they have put a luggage tag on cases and checked it in with the porter. Can anyone clarify?? We are going on the Valor.

That used to be acceptable, but Carnival has changed the policy and started prohibiting that. I'm sure some people still get things through.

Archived