Compensation offer

Somerset Cruiser

P&O has offered us £200 for a complaint about noise in the cabin from the theatre on a recent Azura cruise. Happy with the amount but not the terms, it is a future cruise credit which must be applied to a cruise to be booked and taken before 23rd Oct 2013. Reasonable on the face of it but we have 2 P&O cruises booked for 2012 and another for 2013 and may not be able to take another.

Thoughts would be appreciated.

As you have bookings lined up, I think it is entirely reasonable to ask them to apply the credit to one of those. You should not be forced to take a third cruise just to benefit from their compensatory offer.

Totally agree with that balanced view.

Think it would be fair to ask for it to be applied to those cruises you have already booked. Assume the credit is against the cost of the cruise rather than on onboard credit which may be another option to explore say £100 OBC for each of them. Alternatively I'd be asking for a further extension to the time period if you intend to book further cruises.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Correction C317.

I am pleased to report a satisfactory outcome, the £200 FCC has been applied to our next cruise, Adonia in May.

Common sense prevails.

wel done on getting your f.c.c applied to your next cruise.

always find if your polite and understanding when you talk to soton they do try and help ,start and shout at them and their ears close and you get no-where ,

i do the same when i get there kind of calls.

moral of the statement is treat folks how u want to be treat it gets you results.

• 5 weeks later...

We too had a noisy stateroom on Azura, we were given a credit of £250 for a future cruise. We already have a cruise booked for this year, i rang P/O and asked for it to be applied to the existing booking, this was done and handled very well by a very helpful lady.

We too had a noisy stateroom on Azura, we were given a credit of £250 for a future cruise. We already have a cruise booked for this year, i rang P/O and asked for it to be applied to the existing booking, this was done and handled very well by a very helpful lady.

Can I ask where you were located please so as not to book it in future if it is noisy? Thanks

Can I ask where you were located please so as not to book it in future if it is noisy? Thanks

C deck forward. I think it affects some of the inside cabins that are directly above the theatre stage and hence the band. The deck plan clearly shows the space, we should have seen it prior to boking.

The evenings were not a problem because if we were in the cabin we were getting ready and had an audio preview of the show ;) It was the afternoons during rehearsal.

C deck forward. I think it affects some of the inside cabins that are directly above the theatre stage and hence the band. The deck plan clearly shows the space, we should have seen it prior to boking.

The evenings were not a problem because if we were in the cabin we were getting ready and had an audio preview of the show ;) It was the afternoons during rehearsal.

This is amazing, C deck is a good three decks above the theatre, maybe there is a void on decks D and E which affects the inside cabins on C. Interesting, I would never have thought of that.

This is amazing, C deck is a good three decks above the theatre, maybe there is a void on decks D and E which affects the inside cabins on C. Interesting, I would never have thought of that.

Not really too surprising when you remember the height of the theatre, it could easily cover a couple of decks and finish up below the inside cabins on deck C. We had something similar on Ocean Village a few years ago and that was noise heard in an outside cabin, but it all finished before midnight anyway so didn't bother us at all.

Not really too surprising when you remember the height of the theatre, it could easily cover a couple of decks and finish up below the inside cabins on deck C. We had something similar on Ocean Village a few years ago and that was noise heard in an outside cabin, but it all finished before midnight anyway so didn't bother us at all.

As I said it was the afternoons. A lesson learned, if there is a void find out why.

• 2 weeks later...

We were on the Azura at xmas / new year just gone, and whenever there was a deck party, all we could hear in our cabin was "thud, thud, thud, thud". Even the floor was vibrating with the noise! This went on until the early hours of the morning on a number of occasions, and until 3am on new year's eve! We got so fed up we rang the reception and a member of staff came to our cabin, and admitted that the noise was dreadful (and he said he wouldn't be able to sleep either!), but he said that there was nothing they could do apart from offering us ear plugs!

I wouldn't say that it spoiled our cruise, but it certainly wasn't what we had expected, and lack of sleep is not good for the mood. We have written our complaint to P&O and awaiting a response.

Archived