FOS 8200 question

spcopps

I have family OV 8200 booked for our Oct 2012 cruise. I have seen some great pics of the inside but does anyone have pics of the view from the windows? I would LOVE to see what our view will be like. Also, I read someplace (can't remember where now) that being in the front you have to close the curtains at night because of the bridge, could someone verify this please. If so, I guess the safest thing to do it always close the curtains when leaving the cabin as to not have to come back to close them at dark. Any other pics or info on this cabin is greatly appreciated.

We had 8200 on Mariner this summer. The room is great with bags of room. Yes you do have to keep the curtains shut at night when you are in the room the light escaping disturbs the bridge watchkeepers night vision. You can always admire the view with the lights out. The stateroom attendants will close the curtains so don't worry about that. You have 3 windows looking forward, 1 in the bedroom and 2 in the lounge area. We were lucky and only had 4 in the cabin. With 6 people and only 1 bathroom it may need a bit of careful bathroom time management. Enjoy the cabin though it really is fantastic for a family. I have attached a small image of the view but am unsure how to upload a larger version.

IMG_0921.jpg.a1f57fa1be9fd8aaedc39d59509e9dcf.jpg

You can also check out this thread

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1454953

Have you looked at

http://www.voyager-class.com/pictures/cabins/wind_FO/gallery.html

Although this relates to Voyager Class the rooms are very similar so will give you a good idea what to look forward to.

Always happy to help.

Thanks for the pic. We are a family of 5 kids will b 8 DD, 4 DS and 4 DS when we sail. My big concern is no balcony but the bathroom isn't an issue for us yet. We always sail in 1 cabin but usually a suite on Carnival with the balcony so thus my fear of no balcony. Still hoping for a JS price drop before sailing but I can't justify an addition $1800 for the JS to have a balcony and less sq ft in the cabin :rolleyes:

Thanks for the pic. We are a family of 5 kids will b 8 DD, 4 DS and 4 DS when we sail. My big concern is no balcony but the bathroom isn't an issue for us yet. We always sail in 1 cabin but usually a suite on Carnival with the balcony so thus my fear of no balcony. Still hoping for a JS price drop before sailing but I can't justify an addition $1800 for the JS to have a balcony and less sq ft in the cabin :rolleyes:

My DB/SIL and crew (DS then 11, DD's one then age 7 and one 3) had this room for our family cruise on Freedom in January. It was perfect for them as the kids had a separate 'bedroom' area from Mom and Dad, then the living room area. It was very well laid out, IMO. After having seen this, I would say that 5 would work out far better for the week in this space than in a JS, even though I know you'll miss your balcony. At least you'll have a little privacy! :)

I don't think there are any JS's that sleep 5 people. Can anyone else verify this? I am almost certain this is the case. We are a family of 7 and I have booked the Family Promenade Stateroom for my kids several times and it's great! A lot of storage space and the bathroom is large (same size as a JS bathroom) and also has a bathtub. I think this room will work out just fine for your family.

I don't think there are any JS's that sleep 5 people. Can anyone else verify this? I am almost certain this is the case. We are a family of 7 and I have booked the Family Promenade Stateroom for my kids several times and it's great! A lot of storage space and the bathroom is large (same size as a JS bathroom) and also has a bathtub. I think this room will work out just fine for your family.

The deck plans do not show a JS for a family of 5 however RCCL will book 5 in a JS that has the sofa bed, they will bring in a trundle for the 5th person. DS said tonight that if the timing is right we may switch to the allure in a family balcony for almost the same price as the JS on the Freedom (about $5400 right now plus I will lose $100 OBC) but again I am not sure if the balcony is worth that much more. I admit we use the balcony for pulling in/out of port and in the mornings for coffee then again at night if the kids are in the kids program but just thinking if we didn't have the balcony I am sure DH and I could find something to do :D I am so torn now I am even thinking to cancel and do a shorter cruise without a balcony just to test it before doing a 7 nighter...yes I am really freakin out. I know I will be OK without it but not sure about DH and he is the one that is paying so I want him to enjoy it also.

The deck plans do not show a JS for a family of 5 however RCCL will book 5 in a JS that has the sofa bed, they will bring in a trundle for the 5th person. DS said tonight that if the timing is right we may switch to the allure in a family balcony for almost the same price as the JS on the Freedom (about $5400 right now plus I will lose $100 OBC) but again I am not sure if the balcony is worth that much more. I admit we use the balcony for pulling in/out of port and in the mornings for coffee then again at night if the kids are in the kids program but just thinking if we didn't have the balcony I am sure DH and I could find something to do :D I am so torn now I am even thinking to cancel and do a shorter cruise without a balcony just to test it before doing a 7 nighter...yes I am really freakin out. I know I will be OK without it but not sure about DH and he is the one that is paying so I want him to enjoy it also.

This is good to know, I had no idea they would do that. This is my opinion, but if you can get the Family Balcony on Allure at the same rate as a JS on the Freedom, I would do that in a heartbeat. The only perk you will be losing out on with booking the FB is the double cruise points because people in JS's don't get all the suite perks, only the double points. And you'll be on the Allure!

Archived