Oasis Entertainment Resvervations ?'s

kruzin'

:) Will be sailing on April 21 ,2012 ...final pmt due Feb 6,2012 when will I be able to make our reservations for the shows? I checked today and times and schedule are not available at this time...Does the final pmt date have anything to do with the availablity of the schedule..? thanks for your replies.

We found specialty dining( & MTD TIMES) and spa and shorexs open about 5-6 months in advance. shows came up at almost exactly 90 days, but not all of them. The rest showed up without warning over the next couple of weeks...I just checked every day. Flowrider lessons didn't come up till about 5-6 weeks after the shows.

My advice- start watching a couple of times a week 6 mos out and check daily at 4 mos out. Also our roll call was great about posting when stuff opened, I set it on instant notification;)

Any tips on how to get everything reserved without missing anything?

Seems like a lot of research needs to be done in order for everything to flow.

Guess I need to start researching so I will be ready in time when reservations open up. :o

We found specialty dining( & MTD TIMES) and spa and shorexs open about 5-6 months in advance. shows came up at almost exactly 90 days, but not all of them. The rest showed up without warning over the next couple of weeks...I just checked every day. Flowrider lessons didn't come up till about 5-6 weeks after the shows.

My advice- start watching a couple of times a week 6 mos out and check daily at 4 mos out. Also our roll call was great about posting when stuff opened, I set it on instant notification;)

Forgot about that! I agree completely. Diligently check either the RCCL website or your Roll Call (another great resource on this website), and you will be sure to find out as soon as possible.

Any tips on how to get everything reserved without missing anything?

Seems like a lot of research needs to be done in order for everything to flow.

Guess I need to start researching so I will be ready in time when reservations open up. :o

Well Jilly, I'm a little nutty...but if you really want to do it that way, I'll share:p

First, I checked out the copies of the Cruise Compasses posted here on CC (you can do a search- Steener just posted Western recently!) and printed out the " showtimes at a glance" for your itinerary, East or West ( you can find that on the RCI website under- Ships- Oasis, it's on the lower right)

Second, I made a spreadsheet (I warned you:o) with each day broken out by breakfast, am activity, lunch, pm activity, dinner, and late pm activites.

Third: Then using the Compass and Showtimes, I decided which shows I might want at what times days. I used the Compass to determine when the other activities I might like to do are scheduled ( like Quest) and plan the shows around those activities.

4 th step:I then planned dinner times to allow 2 + hours, and decided which nights to do specialty dining ( if you want you can also search for Oasis menus on CC and decide if there are MDR nights you don't want to miss)

5 th step: get it all on my spread sheet, that way when dining opened before the shows, I knew what to book because I knew what shows I WOULD book once open. Then when shows opened I booked all of the shows I wanted (which is why I checked frequently- so I could jump on it right away!)

It all worked perfectly for me but haven't sailed yet- I may pitch the whole schedule overboard;) had I not got a showtime I needed I could have switched around my dining ( I did in fact have a back up show time for each show- but frankly that was completely uneccesary, it's not as " competitive" as all that, there is room for everyone - I just like to be organized!)

And I should say we " planned" plenty of down time, cocktails on the balcony etc, so it's not like we won't relax too.

That's how it worked for me- I'll let you know next month how it went!

Well Jilly, I'm a little nutty...but if you really want to do it that way, I'll share:p

First, I checked out the copies of the Cruise Compasses posted here on CC (you can do a search- Steener just posted Western recently!) and printed out the " showtimes at a glance" for your itinerary, East or West ( you can find that on the RCI website under- Ships- Oasis, it's on the lower right)

Second, I made a spreadsheet (I warned you:o) with each day broken out by breakfast, am activity, lunch, pm activity, dinner, and late pm activites.

Third: Then using the Compass and Showtimes, I decided which shows I might want at what times days. I used the Compass to determine when the other activities I might like to do are scheduled ( like Quest) and plan the shows around those activities.

4 th step:I then planned dinner times to allow 2 + hours, and decided which nights to do specialty dining ( if you want you can also search for Oasis menus on CC and decide if there are MDR nights you don't want to miss)

5 th step: get it all on my spread sheet, that way when dining opened before the shows, I knew what to book because I knew what shows I WOULD book once open. Then when shows opened I booked all of the shows I wanted (which is why I checked frequently- so I could jump on it right away!)

It all worked perfectly for me but haven't sailed yet- I may pitch the whole schedule overboard;) had I not got a showtime I needed I could have switched around my dining ( I did in fact have a back up show time for each show- but frankly that was completely uneccesary, it's not as " competitive" as all that, there is room for everyone - I just like to be organized!)

And I should say we " planned" plenty of down time, cocktails on the balcony etc, so it's not like we won't relax too.

That's how it worked for me- I'll let you know next month how it went!

Sounds like you'll need a vacation after all that planning!! :p Great guideline. I'm going to print it out to follow. Please do come back and let us know how all of your planning worked out for you!! :)

Archived