3898 miles and one day to go

Ykgorbie

Well, this has definitely been a different vacation! We left the cold on October 23rd and after 4 flights and 9+ hours of flying time, we made it to Key West where we chose to start our vacay. When we booked the five night stay in Key West, we weren't aware that it was their annual Fantasy Fest week. (google it!!) Anyway, Fantasy Fest was, well, let's just say a real eye opener. Wow.

We stayed at the Marriott Beachside and were very impressed with the suites there. Would definitely stay there again, even though it was not near Duval Street. Marriott's shuttle to and from Duval was great for us. Weather wasn't stellar, cloudy most of the time and on our last night there was a torrential downpour, but hey, it was better than the snow at home.

We arrived in Fort Lauderdale on Saturday, Oct.29th and then the rains came.

Tonight (Monday) is the first time we haven't had rain. There were flash floods in FLL and apparently we got nearly 10" of rain in two days:eek: A quick trip to the nearby CVS got us some rain ponchos and we tried to ignore the weather. Still better than being back home at work!

Anyway, one more day before we board The Miracle on Wednesday! Can't wait and there don't appear to be anymore storms on the horizon. Will try to report from the ship once or twice if I can.

Well, this has definitely been a different vacation! We left the cold on October 23rd and after 4 flights and 9+ hours of flying time, we made it to Key West where we chose to start our vacay. When we booked the five night stay in Key West, we weren't aware that it was their annual Fantasy Fest week. (google it!!) Anyway, Fantasy Fest was, well, let's just say a real eye opener. Wow.

We stayed at the Marriott Beachside and were very impressed with the suites there. Would definitely stay there again, even though it was not near Duval Street. Marriott's shuttle to and from Duval was great for us. Weather wasn't stellar, cloudy most of the time and on our last night there was a torrential downpour, but hey, it was better than the snow at home.

Tonight (Monday) is the first time we haven't had rain. There were flash floods in FLL and apparently we got nearly 10" of rain in two days:eek: A quick trip to the nearby CVS got us some rain ponchos and we tried to ignore the weather. Still better than being back home at work!

Anyway, one more day before we board The Miracle on Wednesday! Can't wait and there don't appear to be anymore storms on the horizon. Will try to report from the ship once or twice if I can.

LOL....Yea that is a real eye opener allright. We were there a few years ago during the "Fest". There must have been 5000 people on Duval the night we were there. Not boring for sure.

Have a great cruise...

Key West and Duval street on a "normal" day can be eye opening :eek: Sounds like a great start to your vacation! Enjoy the warm weather, sea breezes, and one of my favorite ships....THE MIRACLE! Have a great time!

I take it that Yellowknife's Caribou Carnival isn't anything like Key West's Fantasy Fest?? :D

Yep, I think that "eye opener" is an understatement!

I take it that Yellowknife's Caribou Carnival isn't anything like Key West's Fantasy Fest?? :D

Yep, I think that "eye opener" is an understatement!

Tapi, if our Caribou Carnival ever turned into anything close to Fantasy Fest, well, there would be a lot of frost-bitten naughty parts, LOL

Love you attitude. I can tell you are a make lemonade out of lemons type of person.;) I never let weather get me down either. Any day on vacation is better than a day at the every day grind of life we all feel.

Hope you have clear smooth sunny days ahead on the Miracle.

Fantasy Fest is awesome!! Enjoy your cruise :D

Archived