Conquest Review Eastern Carribean Oct 2011

hott_michelle2001

We were traveling with 4 people in our room, all adults, one oceanview cabin on Riveria. My husband and I as well as my IN-laws.Our ship sailed full so there were a lot of people onboard. This was my 6th Carnival cruise. I am going ot break it down by category to make it eassier.

Food- The food on the lido deck was decent. Some days were better than others but it was never exceptional and always okay. There were two days were the options were not great and one day were they ran out of items and were not quick to refill them despite the line.The food in the main dining room was all good with one or two things being great. I did nto notice portions being any smaller than in the past and we enjoyed the dining room every night. We also used room service and the food delivered was better than what we recieved on the lido deck.

Service- Our room steward was very good, always in and out and made our room look great. We did have a problem with our bathroom overflowing with water when we took showers and we let him know, he made a report but the problem was never fixed. We just used towels to soak it up the best we could and went on with our days. The service on the lido deck wasnt as impresseive, there were a lot of people on board and food was not being refilled quickly enough on the buffet. The tables did seem to be cleaned off quickly though which was a plus. The Main dining room service was fairly good except on our first formal night when things were busy and we didnt receive food or service in a timely manner.

Entertainment- The showgirls did a good job as well as the singers. I would give the shows a strong A-. We enjoyed the comedians as well and went to a few events on deck that were amusing. There were issues with the big screen movies not starting on time and people not knowing how to work the sound.

Ship- The ship was in good condition. All the main areas were kept clean and seemed to be up to date.

Ports- We enjoyed the ports quite a bit. The taxi drivers in freeport were a little scary as they were fighting over who got to take us to the beach. The beaches were beatiful and there was plenty of shopping.

Overall we had a decent trip. It wasnt the best cruise I have been on but it wasnt bad either. We did have some rough weather and barf bags were distributed all through out the ships. The cons would have been the lido deck food and service but other than that it was a fairly good experience.

Archived