Time to arrive at Port of New Orleans

yancycruiser

We are cruising out of NO on December 14 (Sat). After reading the reviews, we plan to park at the port itself which I understand is $16.00. Apparently, there are long lines.

What time would you recommend I arrive at the port to park?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Don

Dec 14th is a Wednesday. Don't you mean the 17th? Are you on the voyager? We cruised from there 2 years ago. We dropped off 2 with luggage at approx. 10 am and then the other 2 parked at he hotel and took a taxi back to thhe port. The wait was not long at all. We are trying to decide whether to park at the terminal or at the Fulton st. parking and take the shuttle.

Leah

• 2 weeks later...

we uselly get there between 10 nd 1030. there is sometimes a line and sometimes not. just rember to stay in the right lane for the parking garage. it is real easy when ye get in give porters your stuff and park your car after and then elevortors to check in. most of the time we have been on board having lunch by noon.

17 more days and i will be there !!

My understanding was that the price for parking at the port of NO was $16.00/day ($32.00/day for oversized) and that seems a lot to me.

We have a hotel with cruise parking for free, but it is on 3-31-12 and all the hotel rooms are taken by the Final 4 tournaments. We luckily got a Super 8 hotel in Metairie and will take taxi to port. Not the greatest, but way affordable. Echokat

My understanding was that the price for parking at the port of NO was $16.00/day ($32.00/day for oversized) and that seems a lot to me.

We have a hotel with cruise parking for free, but it is on 3-31-12 and all the hotel rooms are taken by the Final 4 tournaments. We luckily got a Super 8 hotel in Metairie and will take taxi to port. Not the greatest, but way affordable. Echokat

$112 for parking at the port compared to hotel cost plus cab fare of what, at least $50 each way? It is $35 from the airport so Metairie is going to be more. Plus the port has security which most hotel parking lots do not. Different strokes for different folks!!!:D

• 1 month later...

Archived