Woohoo just bought my first funship dollars!!!

CamaCama

What an awesome idea!!! I always say I'm going to save but the $$ always disappears - We cruise in Jan 2013 so I'm going to start buying them each payday now.

If I don't have it applied as onboard credit is it a hassle when we get to the ship with all the funship dollars?? Do we need to wait in line at customer service to do this?

What an awesome idea!!! I always say I'm going to save but the $$ always disappears - We cruise in Jan 2013 so I'm going to start buying them each payday now.

If I don't have it applied as onboard credit is it a hassle when we get to the ship with all the funship dollars?? Do we need to wait in line at customer service to do this?

Yes, you would have to go to guest services and have them applied. I like the online way myself...nothing to pack, nothing to forget to pack lol.

Same here. The email I received states:

"Your order will be applied as On-board Credit.

The credit will be applied approximately 2 weeks prior to sailing." :confused:

The credit does not appear online or on my documents and I'd hate to have to track them until August... :mad:

Mine didn't take that long, it shows up on my acct about approx 7 days after online purchase. I have been buying them for months and they all appeared way before 2 weeks before sailing.

I keep the email confirming purchase on my desk and keep checking online, once its there, I file the email in my cruise docs to take just in case I have to prove it.

What happens if you have them applied to your on board accout, but do not use them all?

You will recieve a check back on the last day of your cruise for the unused portion.

I have $725 already on my OBC from these. I get them in the mail. I am anal and like a hard copy. Then I fill out the online redemption form and have them added to my account.

You have 24 hours to place it as onboard credit if you do not have a CC to back your account.

You want to avoid the guest services desk for the first few hours. The later you wait-- the better the line will be.

We go either after dinner or before breakfast the next morning.

You can stll use your signand sail card for the 24 hours

Mine didn't take that long, it shows up on my acct about approx 7 days after online purchase. I have been buying them for months and they all appeared way before 2 weeks before sailing.

I keep the email confirming purchase on my desk and keep checking online, once its there, I file the email in my cruise docs to take just in case I have to prove it.

Argh! They're killn' me!!!! :mad::mad:

Got this email today in response to my asking why they said it will post 2 weeks prior to sailing:

"Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance. Please note that it is our policy to wait in order to apply this below amount as onboard credit to avoid any cancellations that might happened if the booking is changed in any way such as a sail date or a cabin change."

Got my first $25 in the mail only 4 days after I placed the order online! Just paid for another one on Friday so I expect that one by the end of this week. :) I like getting the hard copies and will have them applied once we get on board. Glad I posted so you guys can take advantage of this as well!

Got this email today in response to my asking why they said it will post 2 weeks prior to sailing:

."

one of the reasons I want them in my little hands- at least I know I got it

Oh happy day!!! I don't believe the workflow part of it but the OBC is on my account now!

"As previously stated - we have this workflow to ensure that the guests will receive the correct amount of onboard credit prior to their voyage. I have made a one time exception to apply this amount to your booking. But please note that this was a one time exception."

Sticking with the hard copy of Funship Dollars from now on...

I just started doing this every Friday also. The first time it took 8 days to appear on my account as a credit. I'm still waiting for the credit to appear that I bought on 10/28 11 days so far and nothing. Needless to say I think from now on I'm going to order them thru the mail also.

Wow I bought more then 20 of them online and never had one ounce of worries. Approx 5 days after purchasing maybe 7 days, they show up and then I am done with that one, onto the next.

I don't want to have to worry about packing them and standing in line at guest services to have them converted. Actually it states on them to mail them back within a few weeks of sailing and then they would apply them lol..I don't think so ..seems crazy to wait to have them mailed to you and then have to mail them back to have them applied lol...no thanks sticking with my original way of ordering online, waiting a few days to see them on my acct and be done. But two each is own I suppose!

I ordered mine a couple weeks ago, and the on board credit showed up the next day. I just logged on to Carnival, checked my account, and it was there. It was the first time that I have applied on board credit. It was simple, easy, and I like the idea of not having to worry about more papers, documents, to take with me...it's already done and ready to be spent! lol

:p:p:p

• 2 months later...
I want to buy some for our upcoming cruise but we will have 3 people in one cabin (each with their own on board account. If I do them online with the "add to OBC" instead of an address how do they know which person to apply it to?

That's my concern too, so I decided to have them mailed to me.

Archived