Cloud 9 Spa Balcony Room vs Cove - on DREAM

Cruisecat40

Does anyone know whether or not a Cloud 9 Spa Balcony would be a wise choice for a first-time cruiser ???? Don't know if this first-time cruiser is prone to motion sickness and I know "low to mid-ship" is best for that. However, I need to know if the location of the Spa Balcony is a good choice and if you prefer one over the other. As you can see, I am torn between the Cove Balcony & Spa Balcony. Please help !!!!

Any suggestions or additonal info would be helpful with making my final decision.

Thanks!!!

Depends on what you are "in to" - personally, I stayed on the Lido deck in a regular balcony and loved it because I was close to the pool areas and casual buffet dining and I didn't have to deal with the traffic looking up at me from the lanai. Of course, if you choose the cove balcony, you will be below the lanai, so no worries there. Are you more into being near the action INSIDE the ship or are you more in to the pools, serenity, slides areas? Being a first time cruiser, you may not know the answer to that question; but at least you know whether or not you like inside or outside activities...............

Depends on what you are "in to" - personally, I stayed on the Lido deck in a regular balcony and loved it because I was close to the pool areas and casual buffet dining and I didn't have to deal with the traffic looking up at me from the lanai. Of course, if you choose the cove balcony, you will be below the lanai, so no worries there. Are you more into being near the action INSIDE the ship or are you more in to the pools, serenity, slides areas? Being a first time cruiser, you may not know the answer to that question; but at least you know whether or not you like inside or outside activities...............

Thanks for the reply. I have cruised before but my DH has not. I am versatile and prefer to be in the "center" or very close to the action. However, since this is my DH very first cruise (after years of hearing about all of the fun the kids and I have had) I wanted to plan an enjoyable experience so that he will share my love for cruising & go again.......Side note: my DH is one that you have to "drag" on vacation and once there....he does not want to leave:)

With that said, would he like the Spa Balcony (he would enjoy the amenities) or should I play it safe and go for the Cove ??

I just booked a Cove for 5/5/12. I have always had regular midship balconies in the past, but I'm VERY excited to do a Cove this time. I know I will enjoy the privacy, the shade, and being so close to the ocean. I also love people watching while in port, so the cove will be great for that. GET THE COVE.

I just booked a Cove for 5/5/12. I have always had regular midship balconies in the past, but I'm VERY excited to do a Cove this time. I know I will enjoy the privacy, the shade, and being so close to the ocean. I also love people watching while in port, so the cove will be great for that. GET THE COVE.

nice im on the same sailing in 2298 lol......cove balcony.....and i just made a new thread asking about them.... my TA just emailed me saying it was an obstructed view cause of the balcony is sheltered that is the only reason and i was just double checking....

As far as the OP's question, there is a pretty substantial price difference between a Cove (lowest priced balcony on the Dream) and the Spa Balcony which is the highest priced. It is a least a few hundred dollar difference. If you would be spending the few hundred on spa passes anyway then the cost is a wash I suppose. But if both of you are not going to use the spa facilities often I am not sure of the benefit of paying more for those rooms. We liked the idea of being close to the water and being a first time cruiser with my kids, I was concerned about seasickness so I liked the low, mid-ship location of the Cove we selected. I originally booked a spa room but was concerned about being high and forward in case of rough seas.

SO, if you really want to use the spa and like the idea of being high on the ship, go 8S. If you like the idea of a private balcony close to the water, and cheaper, go Cove! (7C)

We were on the Dream for 2 weeks in 2010. We had a Spa Balcony Cabin and our friends were in a Cove Balcony so we experienced both.

We loved our Spa Balcony cabin for a few reasons - No Cigarette/ Cigar Smoke which for me is a plus as I have severe allergies; The location was great being near the Lido and Serenity Deck; Floor was very quiet as there are not as many rooms and one cannot run from one end of the ship to the other.

The Cove Balcony was also nice but there were a few issues - Noise...from the sea! You are soo low that there is a lot of noise at night...guess it depends where you are at on the Cove Decks; Wet...our friends balcony was always wet when at sea due to the sea mist that would get kicked up.

So I guess the choice is up to you. Our friends loved the room...we prefered the Spa Balcony.

Archived