Disney Wonder

messymarie

Tough question to answer since I know little of your preferences or your pallate. The buffet has a variety but it is a buffet and you're going to have your typical problems with a buffet with food temperature and the like. Palo is the best food and service experience on board, bar none ... but some don't really care much for that and reservations can be hard to come by. The main dining area is rotational and you are assigned. The food is good and the service we experienced was marginal but it was entertaining in its own way each night, especially the Animators Palate. There is always room service and even a few food counters.

Palo!!!! And if you go, Tell Nicoli I said "Hi"

Of course all the sit down restaurants were good. The buffet is average and the quick stops are just okay...

Absolutely the best place. Went for dinner and brunch. Brunch was amazing. Had Alex both times. He is an excellent server.

Cyclenut,

"The main dining area is rotational and you are assigned. The food is good and the service we experienced was marginal". You got one of the so-so servers. Our server (Vicky) was great. My friend's wife wanted to bring her home with us... :D

She always had good suggestions and got some of our "picky eaters" to eat outside their comfort zone.

Cyclenut,

"The main dining area is rotational and you are assigned. The food is good and the service we experienced was marginal". You got one of the so-so servers. Our server (Vicky) was great. My friend's wife wanted to bring her home with us... :D

She always had good suggestions and got some of our "picky eaters" to eat outside their comfort zone.

My experience was not the only marginal one I've heard about but I do agree that it depends a lot on your server. Like with any position, it is dependant on the person.

When we were on the Wonder in 2005 it was hard to find seating in the buffet area. Have they enlarged it? We liked the rotational dining. Parrot Cay was my favorite dining room. Our table was near the dance floor. Our servers traveled with us and took very good care of the kids.

We really enjoyed breakfast (not brunch) in Triton's, lunch in Parrot Cay when offered and the BLT from room service is very, very yummy. The chicken fingers from the poolside place were good, but everything else there was kinda 'meh'. We also liked the bar type snacks we found @ 5:30 in Diversions... we had late dinner seating and it was nice to grab a quick snack before our show.

You get to experience each of the main dining rooms through rotational dining. On three nights they each have their own "themed" dinner but the rest of the time, they serve the same food in each venue.

We found that we enjoyed the table service and ala carte options offered in Beach Blanket Buffet for dinner as it was more casual and way less busy than the main dining rooms, so we would check the main dining menu for the night to decide what we wanted to do for dinner.

For breakfast, there is the buffet, menu selections in Tritons, grab-and-go from Goofy's, pastries from the Cove Cafe and Outlook bar. Lunch can be gotten at the buffet, in Tritons (menu) or Parrot Cay (buffet), or from Pinnochio's Pizza or Pluto's (hamburgers, hotdogs, chicken, etc.) or Goofy's for wraps and other sandwiches.

There are snacks offered in Diversions at specific times as well as chips and salsa available beginning around 5 p.m. at Promenade Lounge. This was our favorite meet-up time for our family - pre-dinner snack in the Promenade Lounge listening to whatever duo was performing for the voyage.

And of course there's always room service.

On our last cruise, the buffet closed at 3pm permanently for the night, every day. Eeek! I hope they changed that since the buffet is a staple for my 2 bottomless pits, I mean preteens.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

The main dining area is rotational and you are assigned. The food is good and the service we experienced was marginal but it was entertaining in its own way each night, especially the Animators Palate. There is always room service and even a few food counters.

Our service was far better than marginal. I would rate it as EXCELLENT. Every night in every venue.

On our last cruise, the buffet closed at 3pm permanently for the night, every day. Eeek! I hope they changed that since the buffet is a staple for my 2 bottomless pits, I mean preteens.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Preteens? It gets worse. :eek:

Archived