any other difference between carnival & captnmarvins besides $!??

millineumwoman

I've used Capt. Marvin a few times and really enjoyed them. In fact I'm using them again in two weeks from yesterday. Not sure what the difference would be except for the crew members but Capt. Marvin has been in business for 50 years so they must do something right. Stingray City is a great place to visit.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

is carnival offering all that stuff?

Ok- I looked at my carnival excursion in Grand Cayman.

it goes to the Turtle farm

• Visit world famous 7-mile beach and the old Homestead for a photo stop.
  • Tour the Turtle Farm, a one of a kind facility that is home to thousands of turtles.
  • Arrive at the town called Hell, featuring a pre-historical rock formation that some think hell must surely look like.
  • Stop at Stingray City for a boat ride out to the Sand Bar.
  • Hold and pet the stingrays in shallow waters (3 – 4 feet).

---

http://www.nativewaywatersports.com/tour_details.htm#Stingray%20and%20Island

is 60 bucks- you get the sting rays. island tour, hell and rum cake place.

will take you to the world-famous Turtle Farm, Tortuga Rum Factory, 7-Mile Beach, and the Governor’s House. And you’ll go to Hell … and back … but only after cooling off in the crystal-clear, calm waters at Stingray Sandbar.

the difference--- they only allow x amount of people where the cruise lines excursion will be packed.

Using Nativeways or Captain Marvin-- he will "park" in an area that is not congested

Our last trip with Captn Marvin, had about 15 people on board. I don't think he ever takes more than 25 -30.

Carnival must have 300 on there multi level boat and you will enter the water in groups. From our view point it looked like the ship excursion was standing room only.

I only take ship excursions if I can be sure there is a limit to the number of people they take. eg Kayaking, jet skis (only so much equipment available)

Go with Captain Marvins...I was there last week and we had 10 people on our boat. Losts of room. While at Stingray City and Huge catamaran pulled up with about 200 people on it. We had our fill and went on to snorkeling. I would recommend the early time (8:30) with Marvin that way you get to the stingrays before the masses arrive. I also snorkeled with Marvin and there were ZERO boats around us. I was in my own little paradise. Thanks Capt. Marvin! Beth

Archived