Barbados disembarkation time

Essexlass2

Does anyone happen to know what time disembarkation is likely to be from Azura in Barbados for a 4.05pm flight to London Gatwick please?

We know check-in is at 2.05pm and assume disembarkation would therefore be around noon to 1pm. We would like to do something in the morning if possible.

Any thoughts fellow cruisers?

The earliest I have seen passengers leave the ship is around mid-day - the latest 5pm.

For your flight, assuming it's on time, I would say about 1pm. At that time the journey may take 45 minutes - although when it's quiet, we have done it in 20 minutes.

Have a great time.

Hi ,We were on Azura last year and had an afternoon flight back to birmingham from Barbados, we booked a trip while on the ship for our last morning . We disembarked about 9 in the morning ,the coach was waiting then after the trip took us straight to the airport where we changed and booked in for our flight home .

We were on Azura in Feb this year and had a 4.15pm flight back to Gatwick we did immigration on the last morning onboard shipwe had to be out of our cabin by 9.00 but we booked a day cabin about 6 cabins down from ours so there was hardly any inconvenience – the day cabin was ready at 10 am we put our hand luggage bags in there and spent some time at the pool.

We had a quick early lunch in the Venezia, back to the cabin to freshen up and down to the atrium for 1 pm with our leaving slot allocated as 1.15 pm. We left the ship promptly and we were at the airport by 2pm.

We already had luggage labels so we didn’t have to check-in at the airport but merely go through security. This was great as there was no queuing but once you go through security there isn’t much to do in the airport and being a Saturday afternoon it was very busy and difficult to get a seat, we didn’t board our plane until 3.45 (4.15 take off) so had 1 ½ hours doing nothing.

We were on a flight to join Arcadia one year that ended up being 26 hours late. The disembarking passengers had already been taken to the airport in Barbados but had to return to the ship for another night and day on board.

Carol x

We were on Azura in Feb this year and had a 4.15pm flight back to Gatwick we did immigration on the last morning onboard shipwe had to be out of our cabin by 9.00 but we booked a day cabin about 6 cabins down from ours so there was hardly any inconvenience – the day cabin was ready at 10 am we put our hand luggage bags in there and spent some time at the pool.

We had a quick early lunch in the Venezia, back to the cabin to freshen up and down to the atrium for 1 pm with our leaving slot allocated as 1.15 pm.

Mrs Potter, this sounds much the same as we shall be doing. Was the cost of the day cabin very expensive please? That would be much better and easier than changing in toilets just prior to disembarkation! :eek:

Hi Essexlass2 - i've just had a look back through the notes I wrote when we were on holiday but I didn't keep a note of the price of the cabin sorry - we did have a superior deluxe balcony as there were 6 of us travelling so I think it was quite expensive but I didn't make a note of the break down in costs for the different cabins.

If you don't get any luck on here you could try the P&O forums on their own website and someone who is currently on a cruise might post back and let you know.

Hi Essexlass and greetings from our Azura port of St Maarten.

We are at Maho beach watching the planes land over the beach.

We had a leaflet about last day cabins and I think they start from £45.

I'll let you know about disembarkation times when I get back. Our flight is after 5pm. Last year we left the ship no more than 3 hours before the flight time. It is worth knowing that you can get a shower in the spa on the last day. I'll update you about it once I get home.

Does anyone happen to know what time disembarkation is likely to be from Azura in Barbados for a 4.05pm flight to London Gatwick please?

We know check-in is at 2.05pm and assume disembarkation would therefore be around noon to 1pm. We would like to do something in the morning if possible.

Any thoughts fellow cruisers?

You always seem to ask all the questions I am thinking, love it :)

Getting excited now, where is Essex are you from??

Hi Essexlass and greetings from our Azura port of St Maarten.

We are at Maho beach watching the planes land over the beach.

We had a leaflet about last day cabins and I think they start from £45.

I'll let you know about disembarkation times when I get back. Our flight is after 5pm. Last year we left the ship no more than 3 hours before the flight time. It is worth knowing that you can get a shower in the spa on the last day. I'll update you about it once I get home.

Okay, thanks u2cruiser. Wish we were there with you right now, pretty cool (12C) here in UK and we've had constant heavy grey skies here in the south-east for the past few days although the skies have cleared this afternoon and we're promised some sunshine for tomorrow - bet it won't be as warm as where you are though! :)

Great minds think alike :D

We live in Benfleet, 5 miles from Southend-on-Sea, so quite near the coast.

My OH lives in Braintree and we are flying from Gatwick. We seem to be doing some of the same beach trips so not sure how you would feel about sharing a taxi??

We have just come back from Barbados having sailed on the Ventura. We had a 4.35 flight and we left the Ventura on the 1.15 shuttle coach. We found the whole journey extremely efficient. Top marks to P & O. Hope this helps.

We have just come back from Barbados having sailed on the Ventura. We had a 4.35 flight and we left the Ventura on the 1.15 shuttle coach. We found the whole journey extremely efficient. Top marks to P & O. Hope this helps.

Brilliant, just what we'd hoped, thank you so much. Hope you're going to do a review for us :)

Just returned from Azura.

Our Barbados flight was 5pm and we left the ship at 1.15pm.

Day cabins were available from £45 for an inside.

The spa was open for showers, but as it was raining torrentially we didn't get chance to sunbathe.

Spent the morning buying rum cakes in the port shops :D

Archived