Is it practical to do Altun Ha and tubing?

tonymoo

Norwegian Spirit 12/27.

If the itinerary say in at 8 AM and out at 6 PM, how much time will I actually have? And is that enough to do the ruins and the cave tubing or will it be too much. Wife and I and 5 kids, 9 thru 16 including a 12 year fighting cancer so we aren't the fastest group.

Any help appreciated. Also, was looking at cavetubing.bz. Is that good or are there better choices?

Norwegian Spirit 12/27.

If the itinerary say in at 8 AM and out at 6 PM, how much time will I actually have? And is that enough to do the ruins and the cave tubing or will it be too much. Wife and I and 5 kids, 9 thru 16 including a 12 year fighting cancer so we aren't the fastest group.

Any help appreciated. Also, was looking at cavetubing.bz. Is that good or are there better choices?

You might want to look at ***************** oops Google Major Tom Belize

I haven't done either yet but we are booked to do the ruins. Our excursion is like 4 hours and it will be hot and quite tiring. I would think it would be a real stretch to do both. Plus this is a tender port and I understand it is a fairly long ride just to get into Belize. It may not be too relaxing to try and do more than one excursion.

Just my opinion and I hope whatever you decide will be a blast for your family.

Kris

• 2 weeks later...
Norwegian Spirit 12/27.

Pick one tour and enjoy it. Either ruins or tubing, you would know which one your kids will enjoy best. Best wishes to the 12 yr old.

Agree with the previous poster. No I don't think you will have time to do both.

Belize is a tender port, so you have to allow extra time to load onto the tenders and then take the tender boat to the port and unload. Then of course do this in reverse to come back. Given that and also you will have to be back on ship 30-45 minutes before sailing time, you won't have as much time as you would think. The lines to get onto the tenders can fill up in the morning.

Also, neither excursion is close to the port, so there is travel time either to the cave tubing area or to the ruins and back.

Enjoy one or the other and save the other excursion for your next cruise. Most important...have a great time as a family with whichever excursion you decide.

Archived