? for those that bring soda

williamson_ja

Do you buy soda at home and then fly with soda and bring it to the port?

OR

Do you wait until you are in the port city and buy your soda there?

We are flying southwest, so we can bring quite a bit of luggage without paying for it.... however, I'm concerned about how well the soda will do flying. Will cans explode? We won't have a rental car or anything. We are taking a limo from the airport and not getting in until 10:30 p.m. the night before the cruise (flying into Fort Lauderdale and cruising out of Miami)

Does anyone have some tips on how to do this? We are cruising with 7 people and it would be way too expensive to just buy the soda card.

Thanks for the help!!

OR

We are flying southwest, so we can bring quite a bit of luggage without paying for it.... however, I'm concerned about how well the soda will do flying. Will cans explode? We won't have a rental car or anything. We are taking a limo from the airport and not getting in until 10:30 p.m. the night before the cruise (flying into Fort Lauderdale and cruising out of Miami)

Does anyone have some tips on how to do this? We are cruising with 7 people and it would be way too expensive to just buy the soda card.

Thanks for the help!!

We flew into FFL for our POM sailing. We simply asked our limo driver to stop at a store for us. He said No problem. Of course we gave him a little extra tip for doing so.

There was a Walgreens a short distance from FFL. Basically it was on the way to the interstate.

OR

Thanks for the help!!

I would buy it in the port city as well. I don't know how well soda would do on the airplane. They do serve you soda from a can, but I don't know if the airlines have a special holding area for the cans or not. You would have to check the soda since it won't get past security. We are using Southwest when we fly out for our next cruise and plan to buy once we get to LA.

You can't always count on having the time to find a place between the airport and the ship to purchase soft drinks. What I have done in the past is buy soft drinks in plastic throw-away bottles (8 oz.), put two or three in large, clear zip lock bags, and pack them between layers of clothing. That way, if the TSA wants to search my bag, they can easily see the sodas. I've never had a problem with anything leaking. And, the nice thing about the bottles is they have screw on caps. If you're in your cabin and want to have some soda, you don't have to drink the whole thing. Just get a glass of ice, pour some out, and save the rest for later. The trick is, when packing, not to go over the 50lb. per bag weight limit.

We always fly into port and buy soda once there. You should have time in the morning to make a stop to buy soda before boarding. Remember, you have to carry it on--check Carnival for the rules and limits.

I know that we can have a 12 pack per person in our carry on bag. There is no way we are going over that limit! We have 7 people and I just can't imagine us trying to drag 7 12 packs onboard. lol.

We'll try to have the limo driver stop us at the store and get some on our way to the hotel. :) Thanks everyone.

I've brought pop/sodas on the plane with me. At the time (last year), the airplane carrier didn't charge for second bags. I didn't have enough time to stop off to get drinks so plane it was. I took the case, packed it in bubble wrap and placed it in its own luggage, a very small rolling suitcas. Got to the destination (Miami) fine. No spillage, explosion, nothing.

I've brought pop/sodas on the plane with me. At the time (last year), the airplane carrier didn't charge for second bags. I didn't have enough time to stop off to get drinks so plane it was. I took the case, packed it in bubble wrap and placed it in its own luggage, a very small rolling suitcas. Got to the destination (Miami) fine. No spillage, explosion, nothing.

Was it canned soda or those plastic bottles?

I know that we can have a 12 pack per person in our carry on bag. There is no way we are going over that limit! We have 7 people and I just can't imagine us trying to drag 7 12 packs onboard. lol.

We'll try to have the limo driver stop us at the store and get some on our way to the hotel. :) Thanks everyone.

I saw a couple on a two day cruise to nowhere with two twelve packs of soda! Can you imagine?

Definitely buy the soda when you reach your destination.

We flew from Maine to Florida for a RCI cruise and I had packed pepsi cans and small bottles, just put them in big zip lock bags and put clothes all around them. Had no problems. However, if you do this on Carnival you are supposed to hand carry your soda on, might be a problem if it is in your checked luggage.

Have a Great Time!!!!!

Archived