Late flight out of New Orleans- Help!

okiebaugh

We have a flight about 5:30 pm out of New Orleans the day we get off the Voyager. Any suggestions on what to do, and what to do with the luggage? We are flying Southwest and there are 4 of us (two kids). Are there any car rental places at the port that would let us drop off at the airport? Thanks in advance for any help!

Go to advancecheckin.com, they will take your luggage to the airport for you! We have almost an identical situation as you, only we fly out even later.

They will also take your luggage from airport to the pier if you want to explore NOLA prior to boarding.

I'm not sure about rental cars at the port. They have a FAQ page that mentions shuttles to the airport but I didn't see info about rental cars. You may want to email them to ask. I emailed them a day or so ago about the trolley service at the port and heard back right away. They told me the trolley does go right to the port. If that is the case, you should be able to take it to the aquarium if you didn't want to walk.

Maybe you'll come back and let us know what you decided and how it went!

We've been to the aquarium and loved it. Hoping to find the time to go back some day.

• 4 weeks later...
Go to advancecheckin.com, they will take your luggage to the airport for you! We have almost an identical situation as you, only we fly out even later.

They will also take your luggage from airport to the pier if you want to explore NOLA prior to boarding.

We purposely booked a later flight (4:30) so we could spend a little extra time in NOLA, but then couldn't figure out what to do with our luggage. This sounds like the perfect solution for us. They can even mail home any cruise purchases that won't fit in the suitcase; awesome!

Anyone with direct experience who can vouch for the great service their website claims?

A google search reveals that there is a Hertz Local Edition rental office downtown fairly near the port.

901 Convention Ctr Blvd, New Orleans, LA

(504) 568-1645

I'm sure there are probably also Enterprise locations in the downtown area.

I'd second the suggestion of the Aquarium, also a ride across the river to Algiers, and the Mardi Gras float museum is quite near the port.

The French Quarter is always a good way to kill a few hours, and it's not far from the port.

Archived